10 memories

December 23rd, 2004
Little Learners Kindergarten

Kaity walked over to the sandbox to see her best friend brendon after not seeing him in one whole month.

brendon was astonished to see her again, he gasped and ran over, knocking the small little girl over with his huge hug.

"where were you? I was so worried kaity! very very w-worried!" brendon said, not letting go of her.

"my mommy made me leave school for a month so I could go to California to be in a pageant. she said that if I didn't win she would be sad" she responded, shrugging.

"oh." brendon said, letting go and siting on the edge of the sandbox along with her. "was it fun?" he asked, "what did you do, was it sunny?, did you miss home?, did you miss me?"

Kaity smiled and put her hands on her big pink bow in her hair, adjusting it, something she'd known how to do. "it was kinda fun. my mommy put a lot of stress to win. I told ya, I was in a pageant!" she said, giggling.

"did ya win?" he asked.

"first place" she said, smiling.

the two kids looked up into the blue blue sky, but brendon broke the peaceful silence.

"you didn't answer all my questions"

the kids laughed.

"well brendon, it was very sunny, and I missed everyone, mostly you!" she smiled.

"you're gonna have to make it up to me delury!" he said.

that's when Kaity gave brendon the best moment of his young life, she kissed him on the cheek.

with them both blushing she said

"just did URIE!".