18 my happy little pill

I walked the halls of school on Monday without my usual 'semi confident maybe I can do this.' stride. I wanted to leave. I wanted to just...die. my mind was in a spiral of "I'm gonna have to do this for so much longer" thinking.

I was aiming to enter my first class of the day, English, when a hand with long, jet black fingernails grabbed me and pulled my into the janitors closet.

I looked at the person.

she was pretty I guess, with brown hair and big brown eyes...or were those...pink contacts in her eyes? her outfit was...questionable. it was black denim shorts (even though it was freezing) with bright pink fishnets underneath, and a white tank top where you could easily see her bright orange bra.

"you're the new miss teen eh?" she asked in a cold raspy voice.

"oh um..yes" I said

"I'm Shana, I won last year."

I remember her now. Shana, Shana Montgomery.

she won, but I always remembered a dull lifelessness in her eyes.

the people said she went nuts and started pedaling something...wait....was it drugs or illegal CDs?

eh whatever

she looked happy now.

that made me smile, but only a little.

"listen...I have this pill I wanted to give you" she said, taking out a orange little pill bottle

"wha-"

"just take it...it'll help. I promise. take it whenever you need a boost."