16 the pageant (part two)

people always say that anything is possible.

that one day we'll have flying cars and people will be able to read each others minds, believing our craziest wildest dreams would one day become a reality

but deep down we all know that it's a load of bullshit.

that's how I felt standing on this stage.

girls had much more impressive talents. one girl could even speak 6 languages...fluently. how was a supposed to compete with that?!

it was the ending ceremony, meaning this was when miss teen Nevada was crowned.

all of us walked on stage, our dresses glittering in the light.

"you all competed today, and you all did amazing. but there can only be one miss teen Nevada" brendon said, rolling his eyes and sounded rehearsed.

I snickered along with a few people in the crowd, Brendon's band mates I'm assuming.

"the winner of this pageant will be finalizing to miss teen USA, and hopefully miss teen universe."

hah- I didn't even know that. thanks for trying to drag me into that mom. I didn't even want to compete in this in the first place but hell- my mom is sending me off to pageants in God knows where if I win.

which I probably won't (I still can't speak those 6 languages if you're wondering)

"now without further a due- I'd like to announce the next miss teen Nevada"

I closed my eyes.

"Kaitlyn delury"

brendon laughed and started playing that annoying "that's my best friend" song on his phone into the microphone.

I walked up to the stage next to him, shaking.

he put the crown on me.

"any words?" he said, laughing at the crown.

"no..." I mumbled.

he looked at me with concerned eyes and put the mic he was holding back into the mic stand

"you okay?" he asked.

"I guess"

he grabbed my hand and put it up in the air, like we were in the hunger games or some shit

(pageants, hunger games, same thing. someone's bound to get killed)

"kaitlyn delury everyone!"