26 something big

something changed in me.

something big.

as I stood there on the miss teen USA stage I looked out into the crowd. people were everywhere, smiling and waving.

"the winner of miss teen USA...."

something in my brain clicked. I - I wanted this. all my hard work since I was so young.

I looked at brendon and remembered all our memories. i smiled and looked down and closed my eyes.

"the winner of miss teen United States of America is..."

this was my life's work. I had to win...it wouldn't be fair if I didn't

"KAITLYN DELURY!!"

you know that cliché moment when the girl falls to her knees and starts crying when she wins?

that was me.

everyone clapped and I realized this was where I belonged. my mom just fucked it up in my head.

brendon ran onto the stage and picked me up and then - kissed me.

"MY GIRLFRIEND JUST WON!!" he screamed as I smiled so wide my cheeks hurt.

"girlfriend?" I asked, laughing.

"yeahhhhh about that...would you wanna....."

"yes!" I said, kissing him as they put the crown on my head.

I know you're wondering...

how did we all turn out?

well-

Brendon's band became famous. I moved on to miss teen universe, and i won. I moved in with brendon when we graduated high school....my mom left me alone.

we were happy.

this isn't a happy ending though.

it's July first, 2017 and I sit at my vanity, looking at myself in the eyes.

I put a pill (or two...or three...I ate extra today) in my mouth, and I immeadiently puked in the trash can.

I did this every time after I ate to stay"skinny" to compete.

but this time- I kept puking.

and puking.

there was blood....

I finished and looked myself in the eyes again, I was gonna die. this was it. I took one pill to many-

I laughed a breathy laugh.

I grabbed my fake eyelashes and ripped them off too fast- blood emerging the tip of my eyelids.

I took a makeup wipe and rubbed off my makeup messily, making my eyes look dark.

I grabbed a way to expensive lipstick and wrote "PRETTY HURTS" across the mirror in bright.red. 

then I took my scissors and chopped off a lock of my golden hair.

I wasn't perfect anymore.

I was human.

I got out a piece of paper and a fancy pink fluffy pen

brendon, my love, thanks for everything. mom- you're a bitch. you did this to me. you and the media. you can rot in hell. brendon, I'll never forget you in hell. that's all, bye stupid ass world.

I took my crown that was worth thousands of dollars and snapped it on my knee. I took a shard and slid it across my vein.

I hit the floor...and that's when miss universe died.

ITS YOUR SOUL THAT NEEDS THE SURGERY

a/n
lol sorry. please read my next fic tho! (it won't be like this I promise!)