Chapter 5: Delivering this "I love you" to you one million times again

-----☆Work Text:

*Even though I can deliver this "I love you" to you one million times

I wonder if this incoherent gap between us is able to change

Then, I will try delivering this "I love you" to you one million times again

Until the day you turn around with love...*

A handful of years had already passed since that incident.

That night when Celine had finally told Legolas everything she had ever felt about him without leaving a single detail uncovered.

She says that, but she herself knows that she never really told the prince everything.

Not that she thinks about those things back then but she does so now and so she hides whatever memory she had about that night in the deepest recesses of her mind.

All she could openly remember now without struggling to recollect is quite a few things, really.

That she left the balcony, bumped into Thranduil who had asked her about how she was and whose questions she entertained until he had somehow noticed that she is certainly not cut out for conversation at the moment and kindly bade her a good night and good luck on her journey, to which she was absolutely thankful for.

There was also that one last time she had seen Thorin and gave him a sudden bear hug that had certainly knocked the wind out of him by then. He was very much surprised but it didn't take long for his features to soften before turning furious upon realizing just what might've happened while they were out of his sight -Celine assured him everything was alright- and told him she was leaving. He didn't let her go that easily without insisting that he provide her food, supplies, and a horse for the travel after a couple of more hugs.

She wasn't able to ask whether or not he knew Luna was dead because it just seemed so irrelevant and all she could really do mechanically back then was speak, accept, nod, and shake her head. She had not dare risk anything else that involve too much mind or too much heart, afraid that one final nudge would certainly break through the last of her defenses.

She vaguely remembers a friendly kiss on the cheek and thinking that the dwarf might've already had a bit too much drink.

There were cheers from the crowd and Durin's folk having their thousandth toast for the night, everyone legitimately wasted. Tauriel had Kili's head resting on her lap when she noticed her and told her to come over, seemingly wanting to talk. Shaking her head and giving her a smile, she waved goodbye after giving each of the bubbly dwarves a farewell kiss on their foreheads.

Then there were the children and people of Laketown whom she resorted to talking to the rest of the night till the break of dawn. She found it hard for her to leave the little girls and boys who asked her for stories and kisses and hugs -not to mention the occasional men and older ones who lost a loved one or simply needed consolation and a few words of hope- that she stayed longer than necessary.

Still, it didn't change the fact that there were still those who perished and made these innocent villagers sad.

Celine knows that their hearts could not and would never be repaired, very much like hers. And that was when she ascertained that she wanted to be something more, do more than just heal broken hearts and mend broken souls.

She wants to prevent it all so that there wouldn't be anything to mend in the first place. So that nothing would have to break.

And then she turned to the elven guards singing and talking at the corner, who, upon noticing her, gave her elven salutes fitted for royalty as well as a couple of cheers that combined with the dwarves' shouts of celebration.