Chapter 8: Burying wounds of the Past, A Persistent Ally

-----☆Work Text:

*You and I are not illusion

Please realize it, touch it not with body but with heart*

It had already been quite some time now since Celine had decided to join The Fellowship and so far, she did a remotely splendid job in trying not to get anyone killed to the best of her abilities.

This resulted to majority of them not only looking up to her but easing in her presence as well despite of her sporadic detachment.

The first ones to fall into this were the hobbits whom she had looked after, especially Frodo himself. They've all figured out ever since day one that apart from the hobbits, Celine had also shown strange resilience to the ring's evil -a fact that Aragorn, of course, just couldn't shrug off all that easily.

Second was, surprisingly, Boromir himself. It was that time where they were ambushed by the Uruk-hai and were split into groups.

The swordsmaster had originally been with Legolas and Aragorn but upon hearing the urgency of The Horn of Gondor, she had been quick to disappear and jump into the man's aid after one arrow had hit his shoulder. They were surrounded, Merry and Pippin were there and Boromir was injured and yelling at them to run off. He was loosing too much blood and Celine could only do so much on her own and in such a dire situation that she wasn't able to do much for the hobbits as they were taken away.

Not when she herself had been hit by arrows -one that made its mark a mere inch from where her heart is and another straight through her left leg.

Needless to say, she lost more blood than Boromir had.

The Fellowship- or whatever was left of it- had never felt so defeated and none of them had ever seen their resident elf so disconcerted.

It all seemed so distant now but Celine was sure she saw worried piercing blues before she blacked out from blood loss.

-----

Her physical wounds are yet to heal even after the long days the remaining five of them had spent tracking the band of Uruk-hais.

It had still been there as they met up with Gandalf in Fangorn Forest and it did nothing to comfort her even after they've cleared out that the hobbits are still alive and lost some place within.

All those time, Celine had been stilted and Aragorn had enough of his curiosity eating him up from within.

It may have been luck when it just so happened that it was the two of them that had fallen over the cliff to what they would've thought would be their death.

"Valars..." The bluenette groaned as she was the first to rouse and immediately felt pain shoot throughout every nerve in her body upon opening her eyes. It didn't take her long to notice the unconscious body of her comrade lying a few feet away from her and she dutifully crawled her way towards him seeing that her leg would not cooperate now of all times.

Once she was close enough, she turned his body so he was facing her, "Aragorn, Aragorn, wake up," she called out and gently shook him by the shoulders.

The man turned a bit as his eyelids fluttered before fully opening to reveal equally pained orbs of blue, "Celine?" He inquired, voice groggy as he braced himself to a sitting position using his good arm, "Where are we?"

"I haven't the faintest," the swordsmaster answered but then tipped her head slightly at something behind him, "but that creature won't stop nudging you awake. I reckon he had been staying here for quite sometime now. He looks like Brego." She whistled for the large brown stallion who immediately answered her call and was trotting beside her in no time.