Chapter 12

-----☆Work Text:

"Who's Luna?" Aragorn began and Celine had immediately gotten the feeling that it is the official start of the man's endless list of questions for the night.

The bluenette decided to get herself comfortable if she is to stay in a single position for a long time. Opting to take a seat instead of standing, she pulled herself up to sit on the railings even when Aragorn made an attempt to pull her back in and off of the dangerous position she had just placed herself in.

"Is this it?" She began, raising a brow at the man in askance, tilting her upper body a bit to what could've been a deadly fall should she accidentally let go of her hand's grip on the rails just to wind Aragorn up.

The man's frown deepened and it somehow managed to cease the girl's careless movements, "Is this what, exactly?" He asked after a few beats. Leaning his back against the rails and staring up at her, he realized that the tales were indeed precise with their description that her hair is the embodiment of the midnight sky on Middle Earth.

Catching him staring, it didn't really take the girl to realize that he was pondering about the tales that were told about her and her participation in The Battle of the Five Armies, "Well, if you were listening well enough then you should know just who Luna is." She tilted her head a bit to inspect him.

This seemed to annoy the ranger in a minimal scale, "I know that she is your tiger. What I do not know is why Legolas seemed to be quite persistent in knowing where she is." He sighed in frustration because he seemed to make little sense out of it.

Normally, the elf never really seemed to care much about anything at all besides from their quest and doing whatever he can do for his comrades.

Anything other than the fact that his only hobby is archery, Aragorn couldn't really list down any more potential fascinations that the elf has -except for the tiger named Luna, that is.

"He was fond of her." She answered, trying not to delve too much on the memory of the elven prince skipping meetings just to accompany both herself and Luna on walks. Tries hard not to remember the three of them resting underneath one particular apple tree and Legolas shooting some of the fruit down for them to eat, or how ridiculously endearing and lost the elf looked like when she first offered to teach him how to ride the tiger.

'Horses and tigers are completely different creatures, dear prince. Note that beyond that, Luna is also completely different from other tigers. Thus, the nonnecessity for reigns.'

Legolas looked shocked beyond description, his blue eyes sparkling in wonder and apprehension as he mounted the large beast with all the grace of an elfling who's taking his first steps.

'How do I pull her towards the right direction then?'

'You seemed to have forgotten that as I have said, Luna is different from ordinary creatures. Even though she could not speak, she had been given the gift of understanding her rider's will as well as the Elvish language.'

'Sindar or Silvan?'

'Both'

And no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't entirely block the dazzling smile she saw in her mind's eye no matter how faded the picture seemed to look from long ago.

Fingers snapping in front of her face pulled her back and out of the suffocating memories.

"You were dazing off." Aragorn stated matter-of-factly, his blue eyes intent on her. Without receiving any reply, he pushed through, "You said was. Did anything happen that made Legolas lose his fondness for Luna?"