Chapter 6: Unwanted Revelation, At A Crossroad

-----☆Work Text:

She didn't hear Legolas' voice anymore after that and they resumed their stilted walk to Lothlorien's palace in tensioned silence.

"I have brought the Fellowship, my lady." The captain of the guard had announced with all the authority and genteel of a chivalrous Knight.

Lady Galadriel allows herself a well-bred chuckle at her child's antics, "My darling, you know that you are as much a guard as you are our child whenever you are in our presence. There is no need for such formalities. Although," her sentence hangs in the air and Celine feels a slight trepidation at the smile her mother had given her.

Seriously, even if one is to say that it lingered somewhere in the borderline of wistfulness and mischief, it leans dangerously too close to the latter that it's beginning to make her wary.

Celine wonders whatever on earth did she do to deserve this impending death sentence.

"It is only proper for you to reveal yourself in front of our guests, am I right?" One of her elegantly long arms stretched out for her to take as she descended the stairs and landed in front of her.

A sigh escaped her lips at this, there's no going out of this one for her. But that doesn't mean she wouldn't harm an attempt. She'll take whatever chance she'll get no matter how futile,

"Nana..." Came her silent plea.

Do not despair, my child, the valars had meant for this meeting to happen, her voice had whispered soothingly within the confines of her head.

Gingerly rising to her feet, she harmed a glance at her father to ask him for assistance. As expected, Lord Celeborn was all-in with his wife and only replied with a cryptically encouraging smile of his own and she knew it.

"It could not be helped then," she sighed once again, figures she'll do so more often now than she did all these years she had learned to keep her emotions in check and hidden behind walls of either cold indifference or discreet mischief.

Reaching one hand up, Celine finally pulled the hood of her cloak off her head and turned to the Fellowship, all the while avoiding those pair of piercing hues threatening to pull her in and back to drown her in all those feelings that had laid dormant and piled up in the farthest corner of her mind.

Resisting the urge, she held her head up high. Strands of blue twisted in braids to hold her hair in its customary bun, one that she does often now that her life revolves around battle and she couldn't have the troublesome tresses falling freely behind her back to tangle on branches or used by enemies against her will in fights.

"Celine Silverheart, Captain of Lothlorien's guards, at your service, my lords." She outstretched her left hand to her side before pulling it back in and placing it on top of her heart in a flourish and a bow.

When she finally rose her head, her lavender eyes locked with blues by some merciless stroke of luck and she was forced to smile a secret smile that had and would always be full of love, hope and dedication despite of how maturity had caught up with both her heart and mind.

And yes, I still love you. Then and again.

Up until now even when the times had changed, the tides had turned and she's no longer the person he had known from before.

She still loves him.

And she monotonously voiced it out loud for her twisted sense of entertainment.

The guards practically dropped their weapons in a cacophony of clatters as it made contact with the stone floors of the elven hall; Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel could barely keep their faces straight and the whole Fellowship is a mess of gawks and befuddled faces.