Part 12

Evening speeded in. And I got trapped in a deep onion colour banarasi sari, jewelleries, make up and what not! Uff! Okay, I didn't look much different from casual, but the whole thingy did bring an attitudinal change in me. Like, I was feeling stiff in all these stuffs, I couldn't move my neck to the farthest angle, and mostly, I literally had to sit in one place. Like no moving, no hopping and the things I generally do.

Sitting on that queenly decorated single sofa, I did not at all feel like a queen. A prisoner, rather. Or some antique piece, people have to come to see in a museum. Even better! At least people buy tickets to enter the museum, but here not even that. Here, people would come, 'see' me, 'comment' on me, food, arrangements, everything and go. Oh yes, they don't come empty handed as instructed in the invitation card. Rather, they show up with some useless showpieces and stuffs. Not everyone, but most people. Come on, don't judge me by my comment. I meant what use can a set of scented candles, or wall hangings be to a new bride? Gift her, a cookware instead! Much better, and cheap choice. But no! They will have to show up with some silly wind chimes or some bronze statue. What will a newly-wed do with a statue? Pose with it and take selfies? Huh!

Waiters serving soft drinks and snacks everywhere, oldies and middle aged people were eating. Well, don't ask me of the youth population. What I saw was enough to boil my blood. If in future, my daughter does this, I will disown her. For sure. What? I am not over reacting. A group of four five girls were taking selfie with some snack, half inside their mouth. What the hell? They have to show the world they are eating pakoda? What's special in it? Eat something that nobody does, and then post and show the world. Like, try phenyl instead of soft drink! Idiots!

"Hira, she is my colleague".. I heard mom say. And as instructed, I ducked my head for a moment, gave a stupid smile showing I have brushed my teeth. The lady handed me a big rectangular box. "Thank you" I chipped. Umm, what could be in it? Something like, tea cup set or a glass set. Okay, not bad. I forwarded my hand to the left to keep the box, when I suddenly realised Chuni is not present. Well, he was supposed to be here, by my side, taking care of me and those gifts I get. Where the hell is he? My throat is crying for water. Uff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where the hell were you?" I gritted my teeth as I saw that jerk of my brother approaching. Well, he indeed is a jerk, because he is always supporting that meathead. Look at Panna. Our triply brother. He hardly cares what the hell is happening around. But this Chuni has to interfere in my personal space, give some ridiculous comments which are 100% against me. Always! But wait, who is that girl with him. Okay, they are coming to me only.

"My sister, Hira." He introduced me to the little girl. Well, she seemed to be just in her early twenties. May be, 20-21. Is he dating her? Like seriously? Come on, we are 27! Chuni is dating a baby? I kept staring at the duo, trying to follow up their body language towards each other. Hardly a couple of inches gap between the two. Man, they were comfortable with each other. And what Chuni did next, made me sure of my guess. He just pushed away her locks behind her ear. My jaw dropped. My brother is literally dating a girl who is some five or more years younger than her! How? Where did it start?

"Hello didi..." I heard her say. Oh man, her voice. And I knew, why Chuni is into her. "Hello little darling.." I wished back, and winked at my bro. He chocked. "Tui bujhe geli?" (YOU GOT IT?) Why? Am I stupid, that I won't understand what's going on between the two? "Titli.. I mean Paromita.." He said blinking eyes. Ooh.. my god, he is totally into her. But how did she like this old guy. I mean come on, I would never date a guy, so older than me.

"Bor ehse gache.." (GROOM HAS ARRIVED)... I heard Jui yell, and everybody ran towards the entrance as if some earthquake took place here. Chuni too ran. Leaving this little doll in my custody. We smiled at each other.

"Didi, I am in love with your and Rohit da's love story." What? Love story? Rohit da? Seriously, 'da'?

"You know Rohit already?" I asked her. May be Chuni has been telling her tales. He is good friend of that meathead.

"Obviously. It's only for him, I and your brother are together today."

A/N: HOPE YOU ALL ARE LOVING THE STORY IS BUILDING. BUT I NEED TO KNOW FROM YOU ALL. PLEASE DO COMMENT GIVING YOUR VIEWS, AND PLEASE DO VOTE.  LOVE LOVE. <3 THANK YOU.