Part 43

I do not know where the next six hours flew. I felt myself paralysed. So many realisations drew upon me. Rohit, who are you? I thought I know you. But no, I do not know you. All these years, I have never given a second thought behind your words, but today I feel everything has a second meaning.

Elle Stella you opened my eyes.

Rohit, you opened my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning on the shower, I sat down. I needed to clear my head.

Rohit, how could you marry me? Though you always acted the annoying kid, somewhere at the back of my mind I knew you were a wise, matured man. I thought I could carry on with my kiddie self and he would be there gathering every situation handling with wisdom, maturity...

Was our marriage some challenge to him, that I resisted him and his decisions every time , he won by marrying me? Or is he that romantic insane who thinks love is enough for a relationship to grow, be stable and fight for it's sake?

For a marriage to work on, there are a lot more things required other than love. Like sharing problems, stresses etc... The basic ingredient behind a successful marriage is sharing and understanding each other. If these two places are fine then love will already be on its way. But here, in our case the basic fact was missing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rohit and his friends, during their post graduation had created a YouTube channel where they uploaded various videos of projects ideas for undergraduates. Elle or rather Elizabeth Stella was one of the earliest subscribers of this channel. She is a Brit, then an engineering student, her branch I couldn't find out. Now, she herself is a lecturer in a college teaching something related to satellite communication.

They have been some sort of friends since then, some six years now, having lots of common interest, sharing information, discussing their research and thesis etc.

Both write blogs in their respective subjects which somehow revolve around similar topics. Rohit has been explaining his project, sharing his further plans, speaking about the problems he is facing. Elle too does the same, sometimes showing up her notes, her students' ridiculous answers or their highly intelligent thoughts. Even recently she has been sending the links of some blogs she found related to his research. So was their friendship!

Hell, I don't even know what he is working on! And I can't really blame him. What do I know about his subject? Do I have the slightest idea about what is going on in his professional life? Neither have I ever showed any interest ever!

All these years I knew nothing other than, during his post grad Rohit has been earning through net! Huh, so much for videos of science projects. This information too was from Chuni, and also he was a part of it. Which he gladly accepted that it helped him both academically and financially!

Several scenes fell into pieces like the beads of a necklace. My cousin Jui and her fiancé both being journalist helped, advised each other, shared their stress, found comfort in each other. Obviously, Jui has been a newspaper journalist, and her fiancé being the editor of the news channel, they were pretty used with each other's working environment. Another example, my parents! Though my mom and dad never worked together, but both came from same academic base. Which often led to work discussion, where most of the time papa used to speak about his work progress, ma used to give little tips. Ma often showed papa exactly where his thoughts were leading and papa himself found out his mistake. Papa used to stare at her with great admiration and respect.

And then my in-laws! Trisha Ma and Rangon Baba were colleagues. How they solved little problems together.

Will this thing ever come in my marriage? Will I be ever be able to comfort Rohit, the way Jui comforts her fiancé, ma comforts papa and Trisha ma to Rangon Baba! This part of his life, I have never taken interest in, but now I realised how important is this to him. It's not about Elle Stella, it's about me. Who will Rohit go to, when he will need advice, when he will need to share his work stress? Who can give him real solutions to the problems?

I am suddenly feeling like a dumb snob wrapped in designer dresses and accessories. Who is actually of no help! What is Rohit getting out of this marriage? Not even a heart to heart to talk about his problems. And look what he is giving into this marriage. He is leaving no leaves unturned for my growth.

Oh yes, Chuni and his baby girlfriend also are same educational background.

God, what do I do now? I know I may sound very stupid, but seriously! How long will the love be the only potion for the marriage? What if he suddenly feels I am a stupid good for nothing Barbie? What if after 5-6 years he feels he could have made a better choice by selecting a partner who could actually be by his side at every facet! Right now if something wrong happens with his work, what more can I do other than saying "I am here with you." Will that actually help him? 

Writer's Note: PLEASE DO READ.

Thank you MisaKee for this lovely poster.  

Thank you my dear precious readers for  being patient with me and encouraging me to write when I lost hope to write! Now, from this part I really need your help. Because, it is from this part I started messing up with the plot. So, please please please, do tell about what you think about it. And any idea about how should I continue.

Also, you can say anything you don't like about this story. Anything from story line to my language. I am all ears. And please do vote ;)

Thank you.

LOVE LOVE <3