Part 68

I am so tempted to strand Rohit. I shouldn't go downstairs. Let him wait for me for eternity. But that would be embarrassing and create a scene. And whatever goes between us shouldn't be public. Well, to be fair enough I did the same to him this morning, but I can justify that. Well, to me it's fair, after all that I have gone through yesterday, he should be thankful that I am even speaking to him. Is it not so? Moreover, I am hungry and not really a fan of room service. The lingering smell of food after hours of taking meal doesn't sit well with me. Moreover, I am not all tired, that I can't walk down.

Rohit smiled just as I entered restaurant. His eyes must have been glues to the door! And smiled as if nothing had happened. Idiot. I sat there glaring at him. He smiled cheekily again. Offo! What is he upto now?

The waiter came and took our orders. The soft music was playing in the background. Not song, just music. Suddenly he rose and came across the table. What? I stared at him for full ten seconds before I could register what was happening.

"Why are you on your knees? Get up." I gritted. He stretched his arms. What is he upto! "Get up.." I urged him. But he kept smiling. I looked around. Everyone was gawking at us. Oh god. I stretched by my sides to find the dance floor, if they had any. No. No dance floor. Then what the devil is Rohit doing sitting like that! "Please... Give me your hand." He batted his eyes. Yes, that's exactly what he did. Batted his eyes! I gaped. Who does that? "Trust me." He whispered. Yes, that's the last thing I should do. "Hira.." he urged. Well, he wouldn't do anything rash in public, would he?

Getting up I held his hand. He took hold of my other hand and started moving in rhythm. We are dancing here! Just beside our table? With everyone gawking at us. Very good. Why isn't floor opening up to swallow me? I am not a bad dancer, at least I am pretty good at party dancing, but here Rohit, I am just trotting like a horse!

"You all please join us.." He gave happy yell. And everyone stared joining us. Well! What can I say, such a happy moment! Everyone happy and gay smiling and dancing and some even singing! Wohoo! The music actually changed and we started circling around our tables.

"So...see what your husband can do?" he shouted laughingly. I shouted back laughing. Trotting around the table, we finally stopped. Clapped and settled again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was so much fun!" I chirped entering our room. Seriously! I never dreamed a big serious restaurant with more serious faces everywhere would turn into this. All thanks to him. Rohit.

He smiled cheekily and went to the balcony to smoke. I called our parents and idiotic brothers. Today, after a long time Rhea called. Something is amiss, and I sensed it. Well, I don't know whether I should tell this to Rohit or not, since he is her brother, but I am sensing I shouldn't. Or rather Rhea wouldn't like it. My and Rhea's relationship started on a wrong foot. You people may remember that her best friend liked and wanted to marry Rohit, and when she couldn't he snared Rhea's crush. And on the other my jerk brother Panna has been disturbing her for quite some time, which she thought I knew. But now that everything is cleared up, we are bit close. Well, Panna has not exactly been disturbing her, but he affected the air giving a territorial look. Anyway, I need to talk to her in more details, only then I will know. I guess it's about something happened in her college.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just look at him. No tee-shirt on, leaning on the railing of the balcony. Taking the light quilt I went and wrapped him. Bu he unwrapped it and wrapped us together in it. I snuggled. He smiled. I smiled. And once again we fell in that comfortable silence we had shared in the village resort.