Chapter 23: sweet fights

Mina POV
It was another school morning and I woke up feeling happier than ever. Hanbin was finally back by my side again.

I felt the vibrations coming from my phone just as I was getting ready for school.

Hanbin: Good morning baby, have you had breakfast?

Me: Nope, I woke up a little late. I guess I'll buy food in school later.

Hanbin: Don't worry. I've got this! See you in a few minutes!

Me: See you soon! <3

Why did Hanbin say we were going to meet in a few minutes? I still needed around an hour to reach school.

Without thinking much, I got ready to get out of my house and was surprised to see Hanbin standing in front of my gate.

"Yah, what are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"Breakfast delivery!" He lifted his arm to show the donut and coffee he had bought for me.

"Mmmm smells good!" I smiled cheerily as I accepted the food and drinks from him. I held the donut on my right hand, and the coffee on my left.

It was my favourite cookies and cream flavor. Hanbin really knows me well.

I munched on the sweet treat as we walked to the bus stop.

"Pass me your coffee," Hanbin said and I handed it over to him. He took a sip and continued holding the cup for me.

After a few moments he stretched out his right palm towards me.

I thought I was the one who has not had breakfast. Slightly annoyed, I gave him my donut.

"Not the donut." He said calmly and pushed the donut back to my hand.

"Huh then what?" I asked.

"Why have I fallen for such a dense girl?" He questioned himself out loud. Before showing me his palm again.

I looked up at him in confusion and slapped his hand away. "Yah, what do you want from me?"

"Urgh, Song Minaaaaaa," He whined in exasperation before just grabbing my left hand into his.

Oh so that's what he wanted.

"Oops, I should have caught on early..." I mumbled.

"It's okay. You're just being the usual silly you." He laughed.

"Then how am I supposed to drink my coffee when it's so far away from me?" I pouted.

"No more coffee for you. It's mine now!" He took a large sip of my coffee and I could see the water level decreasing by almost half.

"YAH YAH YAH STOP DRINKING! ITS MINE!!!" I tried to remove his hand that was intertwined with mine but he just refused to let loose.

"Sharing is caring, Mina!" He winked at me before bending down to take a BIG BITE of my donut.

"YAH KIM HANBIN!!!" I screeched into his ear, acting angry with him but I was not even the least annoyed at him. I just liked the feeling of arguing and playing with him over trivial matters like this.

Soon after, we arrived at school and it was just another mundane lesson time.

-------------

Lunchtime came and the eight of us headed towards the canteen. I miss this feeling of joking around with this bunch of friends.

"Oh, I left my wallet in my bag. I'll go back to class and get it." I said.

"C'mon, I'll accompany you back!" Hanbin offered.

"Nope, it's fine. I'll catch up with y'all soon!" I smiled back and walked to class.

All was well until I heard a group my girls in my class gossiping loudly.

"That Song Mina really has the best of both worlds. She is friends with both Winner and iKON! Must be a slut."

"Just wanna be popular I guess!" Another girl scoffed.

"Ever since the dance finals, I don't see her hanging out with Winner anymore. I guess she stopped being friends with Winner after they lost the dance competition! What a hypocrite!"

"Hey, doesn't this feel familiar?"

"Yep it's just like Kim Hanbin's ex-girlfriend! The one who dumped him when Winner won a few years ago!"

I didn't know that I had such a bad reputation in school. But this doesn't make sense at all! Mino is my brother, what's wrong with hanging out with my brother's friends?

I've been close to Eunmi since the first day of school so I'd naturally be close to iKON and nothing has changed even after the competition.

I just stopped hanging out with Winner because I was angry with Nam Taehyun... I didn't know other students would interpret it the wrong way.

The girls' words broke me and I felt very uncomfortable. How could they compare me with Hanbin's horrible ex-girlfriend.

I didn't notice that a string of tears had spilled out of my eyes. I quickly wiped away those tears before anyone notices me. I decided to just head back to the canteen without my wallet.

As I spun around, I saw Hanbin rooted to the ground. There was a mixture of emotions on his face. Anger, sadness and sympathy.

"Let's go~" I forced a smile and grabbed his hand to leave but he refused to budge.

Still holding onto my hand, he dragged me into the classroom.

"Stop saying such mean things about Mina when you don't even know her well!" Hanbin said firmly.

"Hanbin..." The girls stuttered.

"Do not ever compare her to that girl again. Mina is my girlfriend now and I know that she's nothing like that!" Hanbin spoke with much distaste.

"But do you know that she has been hanging out with Winner as well? Isn't this just like history repeating itself?" One of the girls retorted.

"That's because Song Mino is my brother." I replied and that caught the girls off guard.

I thought rumor spreads fast in school. How is it that nobody wants to believe that Mino is my oppa....

"I do not want to see you girls talking bad about her again." Hanbin gave them one last glare before pulling me out of the class.

We strolled back to the canteen, hand in hand, not caring even if everyone in the campus were staring at us. But Hanbin has not spoken to me ever since we walked out of the classroom and he still looks pissed as hell.

"Hanbin gwenchana?" I stopped walking and turned to face him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, still not meeting my eye.

"I didn't want to blow up the matter because we were classmates and they didn't directly harm me. It's not the first time anyway, I can handle this." I answered truthfully.

"What, it's not the first time? You could have told me and I can protect you!"

"It's nothing much Hanbin..." I continued walking ahead but he pulled me back.

"Were you going to keep everything to yourself if I hadn't witness it just now?"

"Hanbin, it's not a big deal."

"They made you cry. That's a big deal to me." He said firmly.

His words made me feel so touched that I started tearing again.

"Pabo Mina, you've got me now. Don't keep things to yourself if you're having a hard time." He pulled me into a hug and patted my back soothingly.

From then on, I knew the Hanbin in front of me had changed. He was no longer the impulsive Hanbin who jumped to conclusions too readily. He is now much more caring and mature and knows how to protect his loved ones.