Chapter Six

Fifteen minutes into the party, and I still hadn't moved from my seat, despite Taylor's begging.

"Come on, girl. You know you want to dance." She bounced in front of me, her cup discarded on her chair. "Come on."

Unlike her, I hadn't quite finished my cup. I couldn't afford to go home drunk. Therefore, since I wasn't drunk I couldn't be persuaded to hit the dance floor with her.

I shook my head. "Thanks, but no thanks."

She sent me a pouty face as she walked backwards to the dancers. "Fine, but you're gonna have to swallow my awesome moves alone!"

I smiled at her silliness. "Right, okay. I'll see if I can." With a twirl, she disappeared into the people dancing to the beat of the music. I sat back, finishing the last of my cup before stacking it in Taylor's cup. I picked them both up, heading off in search of a trash can. I knew there would be one somewhere, as someone always brought one.

I finally found a trash can, throwing the cups into it. Turning, I watched the people dancing under the spinning lights. The music wasn't turned up very loud, in order to keep people for hearing and calling the police. It had happened before, and it was always both hilarious and scary.

I hung out in the corner until I spotted Grace and Evelyn peel away from the crowd. I headed over to then, waving.

"Time to go?" I asked, and Evelyn nodded. The three of us headed out the door, walking in unison.

-

When we got back to the abandoned house down the street from my house, I waved goodbye to Evelyn and Grace as they drove away.

It wasn't difficult to sneak back into my room and secure the window. As no one was calling for me, I presumed that neither of my parents found out I had been gone. I began chewing on the piece of gum that Evelyn gave me, before sniffing the air around me to make sure that I didn't smell of smoke.

I changed out of my clothes, sticking them all in the washing machine to clean them. I dressed in a comfy pair of shorts and a long sleeved shirt, as my upper body was usually cold, but my lower body never really got cold. It was odd, something my doctor found interesting but could never find the cause.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning my room. Interestingly enough, when I was bored enough, my OCD would kick in, and I would have an urge to clean whatever room I was currently in. It occasionally got on my nerves, such as if I was over at a friends' house, or in a classroom. I couldn't very well clean a room that wasn't mine without permission.

Finally, I lay on my best, listening to music on my phone. The volume was almost all of the way up, drowning out the rest of the world. With earbuds, I liked to imagine that if I closed my eyes, I was at a concert with the band preforming in front of me. It helped to take me to a place I could never go to, thanks to my parents.

After listening to most of the songs downloaded on my phone, I decided to go take a shower. It would help make sure that the smell of smoke was completely gone from my body, so that I wouldn't be caught and punished.

I sat beneath the hot spray of water, the droplets nearly scalding my skin, they were so hot. However, I tilted my head back, soaking the heat in the best that I could. As I cleaned myself, I listened to the sound of the water dribbling down the drain, watching it swirl around before finally being sucked down. 

When I got out, I dressed back into the clothes I had been wearing just before my shower. They were clean, and didn't smell of smoke. I popped a piece of gum into my mouth after I brushed my teeth, giving my jaw something to do while I struggled with my wet hair. 

Brushing my hair proved to be the real challenge, as the wet knots refused to be neither coaxed not yanked out by my brush. My arms eventually grew tired, and I rested them by my side, staring at the progression had made in fifteen minutes of brushing my hair. At last half of my hair was still tangled, the snarls spreader out, which would prove to be more of a challenge, as I would have to find each one in order to avoid sleeping with a tangle.

-

The main reason that I'm not putting many gifs with chapters right now is because I'm usually at school when I update chapters, and I can't add gifs on my phone to the top of each chapter. Whenever I get time I will area gif in the place of the picture, but right now school and marching band is taking up all of my time.

Please vote + comment! (: