Chapter Thirteen

Tom and I sent a few more texts to each other, and then he stopped replying. I didn't spam his phone, not wanting to annoy him. Instead, I decided to read Harry Potter for the millionth time. I loved the books and the movies, and my wallet was always low since I bought so much merchandise.

Halfway through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I decided to swap over to the movies. There was always something about watching the movies that seemed to suck me in and make me feel like I was in the movie, watching each action okay out. On the other hand, books always sucked me in too, allowing me to imagine each paragraph in my imagination.

I finished watching that movie, and moved onto the Deathly Hallows. I watched both part one and part two before finally decided to go to sleep.

-

My eyes opened, and I immediately knew that something was wrong. I could feel a breeze coming from my open window, but I knew that I had gone to sleep with the window closed. I sat up, and then nearly screamed and fell out of bed.

Harley Quinn was standing at the edge of my bed. When she saw that I was awake, she grinned and bounced over to my side, before plopping down on the edge of the mattress.

"I heard from a little birds that ya was the girl that the Joker kidnapped earlier." She smiled wider, revealing her white teeth. I stared at her, unsure if she wanted me to say or do anything.

"So, who really took ya? I know it wasn't my Puddin', 'cause he ain't one for doing much kidnapping." Harley tilted her head at me, the pink side of her hair falling into her face, and she swept it back.

"Er-Janie and Nicolas?" It came out more as a question, and Harley's smiled faded. "Those two? Really. I guess that he really did kill the other two," she said to herself. I shivered at her words, and she smiled at me again. "Scared? Do I scare ya?"

I shook my head. "No, I just... wasn't expecting you to come here at... what time is it?"

Harley grinned even wider, if that was possible. "Four-thirty in the morning. I've been waiting thirty minutes."

"Um... sorry? You could've woken me up," I replied, crossing my legs under the covers to get more comfortable while sitting up.

Harley shrugged. "I could've, but I decided you needed the sleep. Especially when you find out what's about to happen."

I got goosebumps, and my heart skipped a beat. "What's about to happen?"

"This." With that, Harley swung her gun at my head, and darkness engulfed me again.

-

When I regained consciousness, I didn't immediately open my eyes. I knew that would alert Harley and whoever else was in the room to the fact that I was now awake. The redness against my eyelids told me that it was either sunlight, or there was a bright light being shined into my face.

The room was again very damp. This time, there wasn't the sound of water dripping onto the floor, it was a constant stream of water hitting water. I wondered what it was pouring into.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. The light was both sunlight and a lamp over my face, and I was again tied to something metal while I was in a laying position. I couldn't see anyone else in the room.

I turned my head, blowing the hair that fell into my face out of the way as I searched for the source of the water. I discovered that it was a shower head streaming water into a large bath. I twisted my head around when I heard the sound of heels hitting the floor, and spotted Harley.

When she saw that I was awake, she grinned widely and clapped her hands. "Oh, we're going to have such a good time."