~Just kidding~

"Wait! You can't just switch out my soul like switching shoes!"

I quickly protested. He or she shouldn't simply take out my soul and put anothers in my weak, useless and stiff body I nutured over 20 years!
What if the other soul was a pervert!?
Thinking of my body groping itself was... somehow pretty irritating!

~No no, don't worry. The other person is just a princess' soul who has a higher chance of survival in your world. In her old one her fate was to be overshadowed and forgotten by her own people until death.~

Well I didn't think my life was much better. Just one person in the masses who nobody takes notice of, only one other person to call my friend. Relatives also elsewhere...but!

"Is there even a reason you need to switch our souls? It's not like you do it out of fun right? And there's really another world?!"

Amazing! There was really a another world! Those webnovel stories weren't all bull! OMG I was soooo excited! And the other body was a princess' body to boot! Maybe it wouldn't be that bad to switch souls!

~Well...you got me♡
I just wanted to test out my skills as the new god/devil, so you can say almighty me did it just because☆~

....

*dead silence*

....

I'll NEVER EVER GOING TO RESPECT A GOD/DEVIL AGAIN!!

~...Just kidding, I certainly have an important reason for doing all this. You're no fun. Let me explain.
You never questioned why there's a new god/devil right?~

...Well now that he mentioned it. It's not like everyday you talk with such a higher being. Plus I was busy inquiring about my matters let alone others.
Urgh, calling them gods/devils is somehow annoying...

~You may call us lesser almighty beings~

He can read minds!
Urgh, sounds somehow long and annoying...

Lesser...almighty...being...
Let's call them LAMBs!

But why lesser? There seems to be an even higher being!

~...*cough* Your old god died sacrificing himself for the worlds he created. Strange energy fluctuations appeared out of nowhere especially in both of your worlds, so he used his own energy reserve to stabilize them preventing them from selfdestruction.~

I took back my words. I would never ever respect any other god except our old one! Please rest in peace our sacrificial LAMB! Buhuuhuu...

~I recall one incident. The former superior race of your world got eradicated due to the energies running wild. Now there only exists some remains of their once florishing civilisation like stonehenge, remains of their domesticated pets the dinosaurs and some pieces of art like what you call the nazca lines, my favorite art by the way.~

Stonehenge!?
Dinosaurs where domesticated pets?!
Na-nassa...what!?

I'm simply unable to close my gaping mouth and bulging eyes!!!
...Does a soul have mouth and eyes?
Nevermind.

~Now back to topic.
He simply burned out until his existence vanished entirely. He was pretty dumb if I may throw in my own opinion. I'd rather sacrifice you than myself.~

I had the feeling the more it(?) explained the ruder it got.
Please make it quick, will you?!

~After taking over the formers worlds I found out, if put together some world's energy flows would start complementing each other without myself  lifting a finger. But I can't just merge the worlds. It would cause more chaos than order. So I decided to sacrifice just one soul of each world to act as energy portals. To make it work each soul had to leave the world they are bound to and live in the other one. That way a natural link will be formed allowing the energies to balance itself like your so called 'ying and yang'~

Such a smartass.
It sounded like even after I die and reincarnate countless times, I'd never be able to return to my old world...
After realisation hit me I felt a sadness deep in myself.

"Why me?...and why her?"

~Your two souls were the only ones in that certain microsecond whose compatibility was so high you could be legendary twinsouls, so I decided to grab it and switch your places. Don't blame me, blame your timing.~

Bad 'Timing'!! You shall be my lifelong enemy!!!
Ah, felt like crying...

~Now explanation time is over and I'm done linking the worlds. The rest is up to you. As compensation I personally imprinted a talent to each respective soul. It will stay until your souls perish from the world. Be thankful!~

"Wha-!!!?"

Before I could complain any more that light suddenly vanished and I lost consciousness once more.

....

----------------------------------------

Hello~
As you can see I thought up some bullshit. Please don't feel offended 'cause in future there will be more just to keep the story going.

Hope my story is entertaining you a bit. Sorry for grammar. Not native language.