Fix My Moony

Fix My Moony

Remus was listing off the wonderful qualities and why each of the things he listed were reasons that he, Remus Lupin, was not good enough for - but so desperately wanted - Severus Snape. Sirius's face was one laced with concern and a bit of anger as he watched Remus spout off dramatically, as though he were performing a Shakespearean play or something, right there in the center of the dormitory, his voice all funny and eyes unfocused.

"What the bloody hell've you done to him?" Sirius asked, glaring at James.

"Bloody hell, it's love potion," James said, his eyes wide. He turned to look at Sirius. "That's how Snape's been getting Lily Evans to fall in love with him. He's been using love potion. This explains everything, Sirius."

"You've just given Rey a bottle of Snape's love potion?" Sirius's voice shook, angry. "You've ruddy given him love potion for that greasy headed git?"

"I didn't do it on purpose!"

"Well you ruddy broke my Moony, Potter!" Sirius snapped, angry.

Defensive, James said, "The idiot drank a random bottle of liquid without waiting for me to say he could! This is only like... fifteen to twenty percent my fault, mate. It's like seventy-three percent his own blast fault."

"YOU'RE TERRIBLE AT MATH!" Sirius cried.

Sirius stared at Remus as he laid across his bed with a dreamy sigh, crossing his arms over him chest to hug himself, getting balm and blood from the cuts all over his shirt again, still talking to himself about Severus. Sirius looked back at James, "Fix it."

"I dunno how!" James said.

"Well bloody hell, he can't go about sighing and simpering over Severus Snape," Sirius said, "It's bad enough Evans is doing that, we don't need Remus doing it, too! Not to mention, imagine the ruddy good time the stinking Slytherins would have with that? They already make fun of him, we don't need them adding to it that he wankers off to the thought of one of them!"

James frowned, "I know that! Obviously we'll need to fix it, but I dunno how."

"We need to talk to one of the teachers, maybe Slughorn," Sirius suggested.

"Slughorn is best mates with Severus Snape, we don't need him going on about how ruddy brilliant Snape is for concocting this damn potion, I'm sure it's anadvanced potion or something... probably why we don't know the antidote, probably several years ahead of our skillset."

"Even ruddy this year is ahead of our skillset," Sirius pointed out.

James laughed, "Yep. Hmm... Maybe McGonagall?"

"Or Professor Shacklebolt, you're mates with him!" Sirius said.

"YEAH!" James said, "Excellent." He looked at Remus. "The real question is how do we get him all the way down to Kingsley's office with him going on like this?"

"Dunno. We don't want anybody overhearing what he's saying, that'll go all over the school in minutes," Sirius rubbed his chin, thinking. Then a thought occurred to him and he leaped over the bed, diving for the book he'd hidden under the far side - the Joker's spellbook - and extricated it, flipping it open to the glossary until he'd found the spell he'd been looking for. "Here, look, maybe this could work?" he thrust the book at James.

James looked it over. It was a spell that caused a speaker to speak in opposites. "This might could do it," James said, reading the description.

Sirius looked at the incantation and waved his wand toward Remus. "Falaroposto," he said.