Confusion and Rebellion

A couple of days pass by and Sollux just can't take the unbearable atmosphere that surrounds him now. He's completely engulfed and warped into his own world of mixed emotions. He has been worried about Eridan, yet at the same time he has enjoyed not having an idiot around to constantly bother him. But his hatred for the boy has begun to change, leaving behind only some hatred while the rest of his emotions remained confused on what to fully feel. And now his ex-girlfriend Aradia, has returned into his life. Not as his girlfriend, but ever since he moved back down south he had always kept his hidden feelings for her tucked away. Now that shes around him, he refuses to even attempt to speak to her or look towards her directrion. He avoids her presence as much as he avoids Eridan. During gym class as everyone sat on the benches, Sollux sits in the hall by himself just skimming through his homework for math class with boredom. He could finish this in no time, but with his lack of concentration it was just impossible. He grunts and shoves his things aside.

"Fuck. Everything. And fuck my life dammit,"

"Yo chief calm it down there man," he looks up and sees Cronus who was carrying Kankri along his back.

"Cronus? And....Kankri? Pfft how the hell did you wind up skipping class with this guy?"

"Please do not ask Captor, honestly I can't even fathom the idea of how the teachers will respond to this. Same as my father. I do not really believe this will be okay. I had begged Cronus to take me to class, but he just insisted to skip and i couldn't change his mind at all-"

"Pause for a bit there Kankri, dude Sollux what's going on with you man?"

"None of your business, and definitely none of his business either, I'm fine." He says bluntly as he collects his things and begins to leave until Aradia winds up at the gyms double doors.

"Sollux...there you are. Can I talk to you?"

"I don't know can you?" He says with no remorse.

"Quit beeing a grumpy boy and let's go," she grabs his arm and drags him off.

"What the hell?!"

"Cronus do you believe he will be okay?" Kankri asks.

"Don't worry Kankri the lil chief will be just fine," he says with a grin.

"Very well...now mind setting me down?"

"Nah let's go to the roof for lunch," he says running with the scared Vantas on his back.

"Wha?! Cronus!"

Aradia pulls Sollux outside and turns to him, "Sollux please...tell me why are you acting like I dont exist?"

"It's not so simple to explain, which is why I am not going to," he says and looks away.

"Sollux please! Just talk to me! Is it me? Or the fact that im here? Or is it because of our previous relationship?"

"It has nothing really to do about you alright?" He sighs and scratches his neck. "Look I just can't function at all. Alright? It's fucking confusing me to all hell, got it? Look truth be told AA I still had feelings when i left for you, but with a bit of time I had let go and now you're just a friend of mine. Nothing more. Realizing that i was fine. But now you're here and im also fucking losing my mind over Eridan's bullshit...and fuck!"

"Whao whao Sollux calm down!"

"I have been trying! This convo is not helping," he says his lisp clear as day through his words.

"I know I know, but Sollux you have known Eridan for years. You have a special bond with him. You hate him but you are the closest person to him. Don't you think you should try to put some hate aside and just face facts?"