Welcome home

Today Eridan is permitted to leave his prison that is the hospital, however he really wonders as to where he will stay considering his relationship at the moment with his father. The story of what had happened at the academy was revealed, but even so the media didn't respond so much at all. Other parents apparently were just as concerned over their children due to what their kids have been telling them about the punishments. It was practical abuse. Because of that the academy was shut down and sued. Eridan's father was not part of the few who sued. However, the parents of Sollux and the others agreed instead to take the case to court with a definite chance of winning. The date had been set. It was all ready. All they needed now was for Eridan's decision to step forth and speak or not.

Eridan sat in Cronus's car with his bandages still on and a wheel chair in the back. He sighs in relief.

"Finally get to leave that place,"

"Hey bro you were beat up pretty badly, so you needed to recover,"

"I get that, but what the shell is wrong with their foods it was all practically cardboard,"

"I know haha I've been in the hospital myself," Cronus says with a laugh, "although I have stopped ever since I got with Kankri,"

"Vantas huh..."

"Yeah...he's annoying to you guys but...I love him with all my heart. He's like...Sandy to my Danny,"

"Please tell me you did not just use a lousy reference regarding Grease?"

"Dont judge man I love that movie and Kankri never complains either, I think it somewhat interests him, plus he always finds something new to rant about it and i don't stop him. I think when it comes to Kankri he just...wants to be heard....and i never questioned him or got mad..."

"Hes that precious to you?"

"Yes....i love him Eridan. I would die if anything were to cause me to lose my Chief.."

Eridan sat in silence for the rest of the drive. He thought about love, and at first he thought about his feelings with Feferi and his feelings with Karkat. They were never so strong. But whenever he thought about Sollux his heart would race at a rapid rate. He could never find words to describe his feelings. And the last action he took upon Sollux when he visited him last time he did it because...it was what he wanted to do. But why did he want to? He clutched a hand over his heart. Why was it so hard to just accept the facts?

At Sollux's house the other were ready to welcome Eridan out of the hospital, however Sollux was very very nervous. He sat in his room holding his hand that was once kissed by the fish head himself not too long ago. And he still couldnt wrap the thought around his head of liking the guy or even loving him in that way. Everyone has tried to convince him, but he just couldn't accept it.

"Dammit he's going to be here soon and im still fucking...agh!!!" He scratches his head and sighs.

"Knock, knock," he looks up to face his father. He walks over and sits beside him. "Are you still contemplating about your feelings?"

"What does it look like dad?"

"Exactly what i just said hehehe. Listen Sollux I think you need to stop thinking with this," he points at his forehead, "and start thinking with this," his finger moves down to his heart.

"Why?"

"Because you can always deny your thoughts, but you can never deny how your heart feels," he says. Sollux stares down and holds his hand over his heart. "Don't be afraid to accept the truth about your won feelings okay?" He ruffles up his hair and walks out the room.

Both Amporas arrive to the house as Cronus helps Eridan to the front door. He rings the door bell and as soon as the door opens he's surprised with streamers and smiles everywhere.

"Welcome home Eridan!" Everyone shouts except for Arcadia's sister of course.

"Welcome back fish head," Sollux says he leans on the wall with his arms folded. Eridan stares at them and smiles as tears fall down his cheeks. He breaks into a sobbing fest as Cronus rolls him in allowing everyone to surround him and offer their greetings, and their own hugs and gifts.

"Im back...im back from the coral reefs of hell," he states with a smile.

As everyone sits around Eridan and listens to the events that had went on with him in the school, Sollux stays far behind leaning on a wall debating to get closer or to just stay in his place. His hand was clutching over his heart which was beating at an incredible rate. Unbeknownst to him Eridan's heart was feeling a great longing when his eyes roam toward Sollux. He wanted to speak to him. He wanted to be alone with him just to settle everything if it was possible. Maybe once everyone leaves he could get his chance.

"Hols on for a moment...where exactlysactly will I be staying?" Eridan asks.

"You will be staying with us!" Mituna shouts with his arms up in the air as streams fly all over the others.

"Here?"

"Yes," Psiionic says, "We all believed it was the best choice to make as it seems your father isn't exactly in a correct state to have you back under his guardianship. The other parents do not have extra room and this is the only house among the others that is two story with a guestroom,"

"Oh well...thank you for having me here Mr. Captor," he says bowing his head.

"No need it wasn't exactly my idea by the way," he says smiling.

"It wasn't?"

"No it was Sollux who suggested it," Eridan and the others turn to Sollux who looks up and blushes with embarrassment.

"What?! L..look I already knew everyone's god damn situation! So i knew our house was the only option! So don't make a big deal out of it!" He shouts and turns walking down the hall. Eridan watches him leave and frowns a bit.

"Is he upset with me? He hasn't exactlysactly faced me since I arrived...."

"Oh no he's not mad...hes just confused with himself, you can ask him later," Psiionic says.

Eridan nods and sighs.

The party goes by and Eridan is ready to go into his new room.

"Ready?" Psiionic asks.

"No I want to have a private conversation with Sol...is that alright?"

"Of course..." He smiles and helps Eridan into Sollux's room as he kicks the door down.

"What the fuck Dad......?"he pauses and notices Eridan in his arms. Psiionic sits Eridan down on the edge of the bed and waves at the two before closing the door.

"W..what do you want ED?" Sollux asks.

"A..are you mad at me Sol? You've been avoiding me...for the entire time I was here and you haven't visited me after....whale that one day..." He says with a frown. Sollux stares at the floor, but when he mentions that day in the hospital his heart beat starts to rise in speed. His cheeks begin to flush red a bit.

"Sol?"

He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't resist anymore.

"Sol answer me....please....?"

"Dammit ED...!" Eridan flinches and closes his eyes tightly waiting for some sort of damage to come upon him. But next thing he knew something planted to his lips. His eyes open up wide. Sollux under frustration over his emotions did the next rational thing he could think of. He grabbed his shirt and kissed him. Eridan's face flushes red as Sollux pulls away.

"There's your god damn answer...." He picks up Ed and lays him down on his bed and walks out turning the lights off. "You can sleep here for one night...." He closes the door. And leans back on the door his face red as hell. He holds a hand up over his lips.

In the room Eridan keeps his hand over his lips blushing so badly tears begin to form at the corners of his eyes.

'H...he....k..kissed me....?!'