Chapter 9: "Lady Wifi"

Agh school. I trudge up the stair to see Alya run toward me. "Li! I know who Ladybug is!" "You do? Really?" No you don't. How can you not tell it's our best friend? She leans in and whispers "It's Chloé." "No way!." "Yes! I need your help though. I want to get a good look of what's in her locker. Please can you distract her?" "Mmm... okay. This is for your ladybug investigation."

"Ladybug look over there!" Nino points. "Um, what kind of lame joke is this?" Chloe retorted. I stepped next to Nino and say, "Hey Chloé, I know you have a great sense of style and I was wondering if you could... could help me with my look?" I could care less of her opinion though. "You want my advice? Finally someone who recognizes my talent in style!" That's when Sabrina says, "Chloé! Alya is looking in your locker!" Ah Shoot.

I sat down in class and Nino and I both gave a knowingly look to each other. After Marinette yelled her surprised expressions. I sighed and as I knew we would have to deal with Lady Wifi. The projector turns on and there she is. "I'm Lady Wifi revealer of the truth. For our first exposé your principal would like to share a little tidbit with you. So, Mr. Damocles is it true that you wrongly suspended a student named Alya today?" "Uh, yes it is." "So you were biased, unfair, totally unjust?" "Yes I was." Once we were dismissed, I ran to the girls bathroom. "Vina, wings up!"

Atop a roof from Chloés building, I watch as Chat Noir zooms in on Chloé's room. "What? This can't be happening." "Well who's being a sneaky kitty now?" It was Ladybug. "Better than a peeping tom." I say. Chat Noir turned to me. Did he get my pun? Like tom cat? No? I decide to zoom in on Chloé too because why not.

Lady Wifi appeared and we burst into Chloé's room. "Who are you?" Lady Wifi exclaimed. Chat just started dancing for who knows what reason while I pointed and say our titles. "Ladybug, Chat Noir, Cursed Crane. Superheros of Paris." "I thought you were Ladybug!" She yells at Chloé. Chat Noir replies, "you should double check your facts next time." "Let's see who you really are Ladybug!" She then starts swiping pause buttons and we all deflect or dodge them. We run towards the stairs. "Guys I'm going to head upstairs just in case." "We should follow the plan Crane!" "Trust me! I'll see you guys later." I ran up some more flights till I get to the restaurant floor. Once I got there, I see phones already lined up on tables. That's when I hear footsteps. I hide behind a pillar and wait till she sinks in a phone. That's when Ladybug and Chat Noir come in. "So much for an ambush." "AHAHAHA." Lady Wifi comes out of a phone right in front of them, but she doesn't spot me yet. "Haha you can't get me." "Yes, I can." Marinette and I both say. Time to use my power! "Sharp shooter!" I create black feathers to hit all the phones. I move my arms forward and my feathers fly hitting each phone's center. "Grrr... you!" Ladybug chases Alya into the kitchen and both Chat and I are stuck outside. "Oh no!" Chat says banging on the door. "Calm down, Chat! I have an idea." "What is it?" "You take the service elevator down to help Ladybug and I'm going to disrupt the signal on the roof to destroy her powers!" "Got it!" I run to the roof and look for the tower. Whoop there it is. I hear a beeping from my cuff, and I don't have much time left. If I time this wrong Chat Noir's identity could be revealed. I watch as Lady Wifi screen shows. I guess I have to freak'n wait! Once I saw Chat fall out of the fridge, I decide to act. Maybe instead of using my feathers I can just damage it. With that I flew to the wifi box and gripped it. A purple glow covered my hand and I ripped it off. I was so surprised that I let it go. It flew straight behind me and broke a window. Well great. But what was that? "NO!" I hear Lady Wifi cry. Coming back to reality, I flew towards her and tackle her. Chat Noir comes in and tries to take away her phone. "Guys I think I'm running out of time. I got to g-" I fell to my knees. I can't move. I look up at the scene in front of me. I watch to see the phone destroyed, as Ladybug catches the akuma, and Alya comes back to normal. Why can't I move? Ladybug looks at me. "Are you alright?" "I-I can't move, and I'm about to change back soon." Alya then jumps back to her normal self. "Ladybug! Chat Noir! Cursed Crane! Can I get a quick interview?" "Chat Noir grab Crane." "You only have a minute left too." I was picked up by Chat Noir and we ran down back to the restaurant floor. It hurts. Not just my head anymore but my heart. My head was throbbing with the sound of my heart beating faster. It's too warm. It's to hot! Do I have a fever? Ba-dum BA-dum BA-DUM! I can't hear anything. My vision is blurry. "Nobody must know who we really are, even us." I could hear Ladybug but it was a whisper. "Hurry! Put Crane down somewhere!" I was then put into the kitchen. "You okay?" I could hear Chat say, but it felt like he was somewhere else. "I shake my head no, but I say, "I-I'll b-be f-fi-fine. I think I'll ch-change back and-" I screamed. I instinctively touch my hand and Chat Noir looks at me with concern. There on my I could see the grey outline of swirls forming spreading like a virus. "Ch-chat! Get-et out! I need to change back!" He left and I finally came back to my normal self. I breathing calmed, but I grabbed water from their fridge. I was able to calm down. I look at Vina to see her on the counter. I shift through my bag and give her some rice and seaweed. "What happened Li? Something definitely isn't right?" "I think I know what happened to that akuma from the flowers Vina?" I show her my left hand covered in black marks. It looks like I was infected by a zombie or something. She gasps, "We need to see Master Fu NOW!" I heard a knock on the door. "Are you alright in there?" It was Chat Noir. Did he see me through the window? I duck down behind the counter. "Yeah I'm alright now. Thanks for asking. I don't know what happened." "Well I'm glad you're alright my little dove because I was getting worried. I'll see you next time!" I sigh.

"It seems that you absorbed the akuma, Li. Just like how Vina could. It appears that your joint energies work in away where now you, Li. Can absorb an akuma's negative energy like what Vina had to go through. You protect Vina even if the akuma touches the bracelet, but you in return suffer. Luckily, as The Great Guardian I can do my best to rid of the akuma inside you. Please drink this and lay down." I drink a strange pink liquid that tastes like green tea and lay down. Master Fu starts chanting and puts a weird jar over my hand. Then within minutes a dark butterfly comes out of my hand and sits in the jar. I sit up. "The mark should fade in two days but remember when I was telling the story about Vina. There may be some darkness left in you, so stay positive okay?" "Am I not strong enough Master Fu?" "You are plenty strong, and I believe this is just an unknown side effect. I don't want to cause you any pain, so if you want to quit you can." "I DON'T WANT TO QUIT!" "Then you must know that if you continue, it may be rough. To keep yourself from going out of control, if that ever happens. Find something or someone that holds you down to earth as I said before. That's your new assignment. Until then, take a break from being the Cursed Crane." "Alright." Time to search.

A/N: I can't believe people are reading this. I apologize for grammatical errors!