Chapter 12: Birdman

"You only have one day to work on your fashion piece and it must be your own design. In 10 hours your finished presentation will be judged by none other than the great fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. The father of our very own student, Adrien Agreste. In fact, Adrien will model the winning design in his next photoshoot." I looked at Marinette and gave her a thumbs up. "Now to announce this years theme, derby hats!" "Derby hats?" I hear Marinette say. I look at Chloé who gives us a thumbs down. I have never been to a derby. I mainly just seen derbies mostly was in the show Sherlock.

I sit next to Ayla squishing a pillow as Marinette flips through her sketchbook pacing back and forth. Man I don't want to be a boyfriend stealer to Marinette... Geez why am I thinking about this now! "Derby hat. Derby hat!" Marinette kept saying. She then started envisioning herself making a fool of herself in front of Mr. Agreste, and ultimately crushing her dreams. "Marinette calm down! That's not gonna happen trust me. You're going to win. I know it." I said smirking knowingly. "All this over a derby hat? Let me see your sketch pad girl." Says Alya. I look to my right to see Adrien walking over. "Wow Alya those are some awesome designs. I didn't know you had such mad skills." "Uh, thanks Adrien but I can't take the credit. These sick designs belong to Marinette. Off the chain right?" "You're super talented Marinette. You seriously have a good chance of winning." Replied Adrien. "Yeah! Well I like designs well-um...go... Upwards." "Huh?" "Um..while stopping! Um, thanks?" Tried Marinette. "She's going to win. I know it for a fact." I said. "Sure, and good luck. Maybe I'll be wearing your derby at my next photoshoot." With that Adrien walked off. "Girl! You got to get a grip next time, but Adrien said your good enough to win!" Cheers Ayla. "Li! How do you know I'm going to win?! What do I do?" "First, calm down and go to your secret garden of inspiration." I got up and started walking toward the wall with pillow in hand. "How did you know I have a secret garden of inspiration?" "I just do." I said smiling. She turned around to say bye to Ayla and started running while not looking. Classic Marinette.I put the pillow on the wall and direct hit! "Ah! I'm okay! I'm okay!" With that she ran off. "Girl, how did you know that Marinette would..?" "Didn't I tell you when I came to this school?" "Hey! Come on. Don't answer my question with a question." I just smiled and waved good bye. As I was about to leave, I heard Ayla yell, "If I didn't know any better, I would say you were a psychic!" "Maybe I am! Maybe I'm not!" I yell back. I guess I have to work on my own design now. I have no idea how to make a derby. I guess time to check on YouTube.

I decide to do a midnight park design. I wanted to be creative so I bought LED portable lights, fabric paint, and the foundation needed to make the derby. I was thinking of a simple black derby with painted street lamps and lights integrated within it, and if you turn the nobs of the LEDs they turn on. I was also thinking of adding some lightning on the hat like a brain storm. Haha punny. And because I am inspired by Marinette, I will put my name on the hat as part of the lighting. After an hour I turn on the TV for a break to see Mr. Pigeon. He looked ridiculous but he was strangely fit. "Oh dreary day poor Parisians. Roo! Roo!" Ha. Roo. "Sorry to ruffle your feathers but Paris now belongs to the pigeons! Flap! Flap! Roo! Roo!" Ah... This guy...ha. "Break time is now hero time! Vina, time to transform! Vina, wings up!"

I fly to the sky to see pigeons in plane formations. I see Ladybug and land. "ACHOO!" I look at Chat Noir rolling down the roof. "Bless you." I say. "I'm allergic to feathers." "Well that's helpful." Replies Ladybug. "Tell me about it. These birds aren't our only problem. Park keepers are disappearing without a trace." "What? We have to find Mr. Pigeon ASAP. I know where he can find us."

We went to a nearby park and made Chat Noir stand with a police cap. He was whistling and starts to dance. "Act natural or he'll never show up." "Come on! Act like an officer." I say. "What do you mean? I am acting natural." "Yes. Moon walking like Michael Jackson is natural for an officer on duty." I say sarcastically rolling my eyes. After some minutes, a swarm of pigeons grab Chat Noir. Ladybug and I make our way to the hotel. "I feel like bird seed all of a sudden." "I don't feel at home either." I say. "Got any ideas bug?" Asks Chat. "You're the cat. Don't you eat these things for breakfast?" "Crane, you're the bird can't you talk to them?" "I ain't an animal whisper!" I say. "Look out a cage!" I say as I jump toward the the swarm of pigeons to get out of the way. Ew! I'm definitely showering after I touched some of them. The pigeons were pecking me and I flew out of their way. They cleared up and the pigeons settled down as Mr. Pigeon began to talk. "Oh I see we have an escaped bird.Cursed Crane, you could join me as a fellow bird enthusiast." "I don't like being caged and I don't care for pigeons as much though I admire your compassion for them." "I can't accept that. I am roo-thless. Now give your Miraculouses or face the wrath of my feathered friends." The pigeons turned their butts toward the cage and then some towards me. Oh heck no! I charged at Mr. Pigeon carrying him higher than his pigeons. "Help me my feathered friends! Roo! Roo!" Pigeons were after us now and I started flying. I heard "Cataclysm" and saw that Ladybug and Chat Noir escaped. "Where are the park keepers?" I say to him. Agh! I'm getting tired. "Like I'll tell you!" I saw balls of pigeons heading toward a direction and decided to follow. We ended up at a spacious building and I dropped him. I got my fans and was ready to go for the necklace. Behind him I saw Ladybug and Chat Noir. Chat opens the window and sneezes. So much for a surprise and a focused attack. It was now is three vs. him. "I have a bone to peck with you!" Mr. Pigeon says as his fists become covered with pigeons. He knocks us into the bars. "Get us out of here Ladybug!" An officer cries. Wow. What are we? And they do realize they are relying on a 15 year old magical girl right? "Lucky Charm!" She yells and receives a coin. "Sharp Shooter!" I lock on the pigeons as my target and fire. 30 birds go down so they don't hit Ladybug. Then all of a sudden it's all four of us running for the bird call, and smart Ladybug smashes it using Mr. Pigeons own hand.

"Pound it." "Woo! We did it! Now I got homework. Catch ya later!"

I ran to the school and put my hat on a pedestal. Wait was this supposed to be a partner project? I didn't get a partner! What? I look around and everyone had a partner. What even?! I saw Natalie carrying the tablet and say Mr. Agreste. As he came to mine, I showed him how I had lights on it. He just gave a "hmmm..." and moved on. "Woah! Like the lights!" Said Adrien. "Haha thanks." I then watched the scene between Chloé, Marinette, and Mr. Agreste. I see Chloé running crying "Daddy!" and Marinette getting praised. "Very exquisite creation. You definitely have the laboring hands of a hat maker. Ms.?" "Marinette!" Inquired Adrien. "Congratulations on your demonstration Ms. Marinette. You're the Winner." "Oh yeah! I was right! Who told you so?" I said poking Marinette. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Replied Marinette. "Adrien will wear your derby on our next advertising campaign." Adrien touched Marinette's hand as he was taking the hat. "Awesome job Marinette." I felt the pit of my stomach burn. I was actually jealous? He was about to put on the hat until: "ACHOO!" "BLESS YOU!" I said just as loud. We all we're surprised by the loudness. I handed him a tissue from my back pocket. He took it and said, "Sorry, I'm allergic to feathers." "Gazoontite." Replied Marinette. "Thanks..." With that he walked off all nasally. I went to Ayla and Marinette jumping up and down with them. I hug Marinette squeezing her tight. "I knew you could do it!" "Hehe thanks!" "Sorry your hat wasn't picked." "I wanted you to win! Also I was just having fun! Not only that... But we're we supposed to have partners? BC the teacher FREAKN forgot me I think?" We all laughed.