Brontë POV

It's already been a week since I started at Tatern High, and so far, I love it. I've swapped numbers with Jayda and Saskia so that we could all keep in contact outside of school.

It was Friday afternoon, and the girls and I were texting each other about the party later on tonight.

"What time are you two coming over" - Saskia to the group chat

"I'm picking up Jayda now, so we'll be about fifteen minutes," I replied

"Okay, see you in a bit, girls;)xx"- Saskia

I grabbed my keys and left the house, jumping into my car. I didn't bother telling Talia I was going; she didn't care.

I pulled up outside to the address Jayda had sent me; I saw her come running from her door to the car, she had a massive grin on her face. I couldn't stop laughing as she giddily hopped into the car, squealing about how excited she was for the party. We chatted and laughed to Saskia's, excited about tonight's event.

Arriving at Saskia's, I got out of the car along with Jayda and looked up in awe at her house; it was huge, the exterior looked newly built, it was breathtaking.

Saskia had texted us to walk into the house as it was only her and her sister that were home. We reached her room, she screamed out, running towards the both of us, grabbing us and pushing us into her room, shutting the door behind.

Her eyes lit up with excitement as she started going on about what she was wearing and that she insisted on doing our hair and make-up. Jayda and I laughed and said, of course. We then grabbed our outfits and laid them out over Saskia's bed.

"Okay, since this is your first party with us, Brontë, I will be doing your make-up and hair first" she grinned excitedly and shoved me down in her swivel desk chair, moving it over to her dressing table.

"I'm going to take a shower, Sas," Jayda shouted over her shoulder, walking towards Saskia's bathroom.

Saskia was so concentrated on doing my make-up I don't think she heard. I picked up her speaker and connected it to my phone. My music blasted out as Jayda walked out of the bathroom, dancing on each step she took. I couldn't stop laughing at how funny she looked. "Brontë, keep still!" Saskia went into her strict mum voice, but we both burst out laughing after.

After Saskia finished up with my make-up, I picked up my dress from the bed and made my way to the bathroom to get changed. I had told her I could do my hair, "curly hair's pretty tricky to handle if your not used to it" she laughed and told me not to worry.

As I looked in the mirror, I was shocked at how great my make-up looked; she had worked her magic.

I stepped into my black laced dress and slid it up my body; I zipped up the back, just managing to reach the top of it with my arm at a weird angle. I stood in front of the full length mirror and inspected myself. The dress stops mid-thigh, and it showed a bit of boob but not too much to look trashy. I paired this with a plain pair of black heels; the heel was quite thick, making it easier for me to walk in them. After placing my hair into a ponytail with a few strands escaping, I walked out back into Saskia's room.

She had just finished doing her and Jayda's make-up.

"OH MY GOD!" They both said, staring at me.

"What is there something wrong with my dress?!" I said, cringing.

"Urm, like the complete opposite of that," Saskia exclaimed

"You look amazing, Brontë!" Jayda said, jumping up and down excitedly. I smiled at them, saying my thank you's and telling them they looked stunning themselves.

When we were all done, we took a few photos before leaving.

Saskia's older sister, Sloane, ended up dropping us off in case we weren't stable enough later to drive ourselves back.

"Call me if you need picking up girls" Sloane smiled; we waved back, smiling until she rounded the corner and headed back.

We walked up the driveway, the music getting louder as we got closer, a few people were already drunk, toppling over as they made their way outside, fumbling over the pebbles. When we got inside, Jayda said she would grab us a few drinks, so Saskia and I waited by the kitchen area for her.

"Hey Sas, fancy coming to dance with me" Tommy from our year came over and put his arm around her, slurring a little as he did. Saskia looked at me for what to do, and I told her to go and have fun but to watch it. She laughed and gave me a thumbs-up, being hauled away by Tommy to the center of the living room.

I couldn't help but laugh, watching her dance while Tommy tried his best to stay upright but failed miserably.

Jayda came back over with the drinks asking what I found so funny until I pointed it out to her, and she burst out laughing too!

"Idiots," she laughed, "sorry I took so long, but I got caught up talking to Casey and Trent, you know from Science? I said I would go back over there in a second once I'd dropped the drinks off. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, course, I'll see you around later; I need to try and mingle," she hugged me and made her way over to where she had previously been. I sipped my drink and watched my drunk classmates dance away in front of me, to the loud music blasting from the speakers, vibrating the whole room.