Brontë POV

I woke up to a brightly lit up room. After my eyes had time to adjust to the brightness, I opened my eyes wider, only just taking in my surroundings and where I was. I was in a hospital room. 

"You're awake!" a woman I've not seen before said, jumping up out of her seat coming over to my side.

"I'm sorry to seem rude but, who are you?" I asked the woman; she smiled at me in sympathy.

"I'm Katie; I live next door to you. I'm the one who brought you in," she said, placing her hand on my arm. I gave her a small smile to show her I appreciated it.

"Thank you.. How did you know I was injured?" I asked her, still very confused about why she was here and what had happened.

"I was going over to ask Talia to lower her music, but just as I walked in, I saw her throw a beer bottle at you. You hit your head on the wall behind you, causing you even more damage," Katie explained in almost tears after explaining the situation. "Is she always like that towards you?" Katie said, frowning. I didn't know what to say; I just nodded and looked down.

"I had no idea she treated you like that. I'm so sorry" this is when she just let her tears roll out. I placed my hand onto hers, comforting her telling her not to worry and that no one knows how she treats me.

While talking with Katie, the doctor came in and asked if he could have a word with me alone. Katie hugs me and makes her way out, smiling back towards the doctor.

"Hello Brontë, I'm Dr. Vince," he smiled, "how are you feeling, any dizziness, headaches?" he asks; I shake my head, but that immediately causes me to cringe as I feel a sharp pain from in the back of my head. Dr. Vince runs over, grabbing the pillow on the chair and propping it behind my head to support it. I thanked him and lay my head back, closing my eyes, letting the pain subside slightly.

"Right now, I can't give you anything to take, but the best thing to do is rest," Dr. Vince advised me, and I replied with an "okay" before closing my eyes again.

I heard the door shut and opened my eyes; I looked to my right to find my phone lying there along with my clothes. I reached carefully over for my phone; once I had grabbed it, I switched it on.

I had tons of messages from everyone, mainly Hunter. I wondered if I should call him. 

Just as I was about to ring Hunter, Taila walks through the door yelling all sorts of profanities at me.

"How dare you" she slapped me; I winced  as the pain resurfaced from my head, bringing back a sharp bolt of pain through it. "Oh, does that hurt? I'm sorry," she snarled, laughing as she does.

 This woman's crazy. 

"I've always hated you; I don't know why your pathetic father wanted you" her eyes turned into slits, and she stared at me, still masking a smirk on her face.

The anger boiled inside of me, okay she can say what the hell she wants about me, but when she says shit about my dad, it's on.

"You know what?" I said, glaring back at her; this caused her to go from cocky to suddenly shocked, "What are you scared? I'm finally standing up to you, and you can't stand it".

This time I tried my best to get out of the bed, grabbing onto the bedside. I was up and making my way towards her, I ignored the sharp pain going through my skull like a chainsaw. 

"All you have ever done is treat me like shit, my father and I welcomed you into our family, and then this is how you repay us," she flinched, moving backward. "Get the hell away from me, oh and pack your things since my dad left the house under my name; I can kick you out." I couldn't help but feel proud of myself for finally having the guts to stand up to her.

"You can't do that," she yelled, trying to regain power, but I wasn't standing for it.

"Get out, and if I come back home and you're still there, I'll personally throw you out myself," I screamed at her; I held back the urge to fall in pain as my head felt numb and heavy, I screamed out and landed on the floor not being able to control the pain in the back of my head.

Nurses and Doctors rushed in, picking me up and lifting me back onto the bed, I watched security dragging Talia out, who was still screaming.

Once I had settled back into bed, Katie appeared at the door. I gave her a small smile as she walked in and took a seat next to me.

"You don't have to worry about her any longer; she's getting taken into custody, she'll be behind bars before you know it," she said. 

I felt complete relief wash over me.

"I noticed when you were sleeping earlier that your phone was going mad with all the notifications; I wasn't snooping, but I took a look, and I noticed none of your friends knew where you were." I nodded.

 "I called your boyfriend, I think" She smiled.

I looked at her quite confused, "I don't have one," I said, just looking at her. She then gave me a confused look.

"The young man I called, he sounded worried about you, he said he had been waiting to hear from you since Sunday."

"Wait, what day is it?" I asked, very shocked

"Wednesday," Katie explained; I looked at her like she was mad. "You've been knocked out cold for so long; you had a mini-brain trauma. You only woke up today Brontë," she explained, complete sympathy appears on her face as she looks at me.