Brontë POV

I followed Hunter's mum up to her room. I waited outside the room for her to change, she then called for me to say she was done. I walked in and saw her sat up in bed with a smile on her face patting a space for me to sit while we talked, I walked over and took a seat.

"I'm guessing Hunter hasn't told you about me and let's say, our past has he?" she asked giving me a small smile. I shook my head waiting for her to carry on. "Well I will leave that for him to tell you, but all I wanted to say was that you seem like a lovely girl who I would love for my son to be with. I really am very thankful that you've come into his life, his eyes seem to light up more now, by the mention of your name his facial features seem to soften and he seems a lot happier. He's had a hard life Brontë, you will soon find that out, but I would love for you to do me one thing?" I looked at her in tears almost.

"Anything" I say

"Please don't give up on my boy, when I say this I mean, always be there to support him and also encourage him to get out more" she laughed at little at that, "He's always here taking care of me, rushing home instead of staying out with his friends, he needs to live life." she said finishing. I honestly couldn't help the tears that slid down my cheeks, "Oh dear please don't cry" she said offering me a small smile while placing her hand on my cheek and squeezing it. "A pretty young lady like you should not cry" she chuckled a little.

"I can't promise anything at the moment, but right now I will definitely be committed to seeing what happens between Hunter and I, I honestly can say your son is different, he's had an effect on me that I can't explain." I say before wiping my cheeks. She hugged me and we just stay like that for a moment.

"Right, I'm going to let you go off because I heard Hunter has somewhere he wants to take you" she said letting me go, "I have a feeling this night may mean a lot more to you in the end then you will think" is all she said giving me a huge grin.

I made my way back downstairs to see Hunter loading the last two dishes into the dish washer. He looked up and grinned over at me before walking over, engulfing me into a hug. I stumbled back a little shocked at the sudden gesture but soon hugged him back.

"So" He said while pulling away, "What did my mum say to you?" He asked curiously, I just smiled.

"Nothing for you to worry about" is all I said before putting away the place matts away which were still left on the table.

"Well you were up there for a while so what did you do, play scrabble or something" He winked while I laughed.

"Where are we going?" I asked changing the subject but also interested in where he was taking me.

"I'm not saying" he annoyingly said before heading to the door before grabbing his coat and shoes. I followed behind him getting into the car.

"Okay at least give me a clue" I wined desperate to know

"Fine, let's just say you've been there before... accidentally" He started the car and made his way to where ever it was we were going. I repeated the words in my head still not understanding what he was obviously trying to tell me. I just couldn't figure it out.
As we turned a corner I noticed the school up ahead, why has he brought us here? I thought. He parked up outside the school gates.

"Let's go" He said as he got out the car. I too got out the car, quite confused. 

"You still have no clue do you?" He said laughing slightly.

"Nope" I replied popping the P. As we made our way past the school and towards the courtyard, 'you've been there before, accidentally' played again in my mind.

"I know where we're going" it finally became clear, the little cabin I stumbled across when I was first new here.

"Why are we here?"I  asked looking over at him. He took my hand and opened the door to the cabin. I looked around the wooden interior, pictures of him and the guys were hung all over. One photo in particular caught my eye, it was Hunter in a boxing ring, he had blood smeared just above his eye, he was eyeing his appointment with such vengeance. I turned to ask about the photo but he was already staring at the same picture, he walked over towards me.

"I started boxing when I was thirteen, I wanted something where I could go and escape, be away from all my problems." He said in almost a whisper. 

He then continued, "It was also a way of building myself, making me stronger, physically and mentally" his voice grew a little more confident as he carried on. 

"My family life was normal up until my mum got ill, she was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I was around eight, after she had, had glandular fever. She got weaker in her early stages of it, she was always tired, this meant that she ended up having to quit her job. This caused great stress for all of us but my father took it the worst." his jaw clenched as he mentioned his father, a flint of pain flickering threw his eyes, but none the less he kept on going. 

"He would start coming home later and he gradually drank more and more until he would lash out at me and my mum. He would scream at her blaming her for getting ill, not being able to work which lead to us struggling, not being able to pay for just normal things such as food." He looked down I could tell he was finding this hard, I reached over and held his hand giving it a squeeze to give him some reassurance. 

He smiled and looked back up, "Eventually he took off and left us, he left us with practically nothing. I always swore to myself that I would never turn into the man my father is, he left his family when we needed him the most, the woman he vowed he would be there for through sickness and in health, he just left. I will never forgive him." 

A tear escaped from my eyes, he's been through so much, it was a lot to take in, the pain so visible and clear in his face. 

"From that day he left and onwards I would spend most of my time training, I soon became good and eventually I was fighting proper matches, illegal matches. I would end up getting money for any fights I won, it ended up being a win, win situation as I could provide for the house, my mum's medication and I was doing something I enjoyed.

"This place" He said looking around, "was discovered by Nate, we had all met through school and ended up forming a close bond, brotherly in fact. It didn't look like this when we first found it, I think it used to be a tool shed or something. Anyway we ended up cleaning it out and adding our mark to it, marking our territory. We wanted to come up with a name for it, in the end we came up with 'Lookout', it basically represents our friendship, we are always looking out for one another." I smiled, the more he told me the more I was getting drawn closer to him, my feelings for him becoming so clear.

He looked back up at me not saying anything, I took that as a sign to say he was finished. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, he retuned the hug engulfing me into his arms further. We stayed like that for a while until I pulled back.

"You're amazing you know" I say caressing his cheek with my hand, "You are such a strong person, inside and out. What you have done for your mum and yourself from such a young age is incredible, you should be so proud and I know damn right your mum is too", I teared up again staring into his eyes as the pain slowly died down on his face, he pulled me close to his face before pressing his lips against mine.