Brontë POV

I could hear Saskia telling everyone they could stay the night, which I was quite thankful for.

"I wish I could, but I need to get home," Hunter then spoke, disappointing me slightly. I opened my eyes and sat up slowly; a blurry Hunter came into view. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, placing his hand on my back helping me stay upright. I groaned a yes, saying I was just tired still; he chuckled and picked me up, placing me on his knee whilst holding me. I was quite surprised by the sudden move, but I didn't object and gave him a small smile.

I see my phone flash with a notification. Picking it up from the table, my smile immediately drops.

Talia - "Get you ass home now, the place is a mess, and I'm not tidying it up."

Hunter must have noticed my sudden change in mood. "Is everything okay?" He asks, looking worried.

"I need to get home," is all I said and smiled my best at him, trying to reassure him I was okay.

I got up off the couch and went to hug Sas, thanking her for the invite, but I letting her know I had to get home, and that we'll have to do it another night. She squeezed me back tightly, saying she enjoyed it all a lot.

"See you Monday, guys" I waved and started heading for the door.

"Brontë," I heard Hunter call me; he walked over and asked if I needed a ride, I was exhausted, and I knew that I shouldn't drive when I'm half asleep practically.

"Yes, please" I smiled, and he unlocked his car, and we got in.

The drive was quiet until we pulled up outside my house, It had just turned two in the morning, and again, Talia had people over with the music blasting. I shook my head, looking down at my lap, almost letting my tears slip until Hunter spoke up, "Are your parents having a party?" he asked innocently while being quite stunned. The mention of my parents had me, and I just burst out crying; I tried so hard to hold them in, I didn't want to cry, not in front of him at least.

He didn't say anything, but he just undid my seatbelt and placed me once again on his lap, hugging me until the tears eventually stopped.

"Brontë" He gently lifted me, staring at me, not breaking eye contact; he kept his hand placed under my chin, so I was looking at him. "What's happened? I know we still hardly know each other, but I'm here for you if you need me. You can tell me anything..." he whispered, still staring me right in the eyes.

"I'm grateful for that, really I am, so much Hunter but I honestly have to go, I'm sorry" I opened his car door and practically sprinted to my house door.

Once I was inside, I see a beer bottle flying at me; I feel a slight blow to the back of my head before everything goes black.