fourteen

anderson

"you're gonna stay packed when you open your own salon, i just know it," amber, a red-headed girl that goes to the same cosmetology school as i do, says.

"you know what, i hope so," i laugh, looking over at her.

××

"guess whatttttt?" i sing-song, unable to wipe the grin off my face or hide the excitement in my tone.

"i'm the best person you've ever met? anderson, i already knew that," nate jokes, causing me to roll my eyes.

"no, silly. i graduated from cosmetology school today! i'm officially a licenced cosmetologist."

"wow, that's amazing, anderson," nate says. "what're your plans now?"

"well, i'm gonna take out a business loan and i'm gonna open my own salon right in los angeles," i tell him.

"los angeles, california?" he asks.

"how many other los angeles' are there, nate?" i ask, letting out a breathy laugh at his dumb question.

"none, i just didn't realize you lived in los angeles."

"oh, i don't. i live in anaheim, which is still in california, it's just outside of los angeles," i tell him. "not everybody's a hot shot like you and can afford l.a. living," i joke. over the past couple weeks me and nate have actually learnt a lot about each other. he's not at all like i figured he'd be, and vice versa. he had told me the other day that i wasn't at all like he thought i was. i guess we shouldn't have assumed.

"why d'you wanna open your salon in l.a. instead of anaheim then?"

"i've always dreamed of having my own salon in l.a., even as a kid that was my dream. i mean, if it doesn't work out in l.a., i'll probably move the salon to anaheim, but i wanna try my luck in l.a. first," i tell him, shrugging although i know he can't see me.

"well, i'm sure it'll all work out. who knows, your salon might become the best salon in all of l.a.," nate says, and i roll my eyes although i'm unable to wipe the smile from my lips.

"it'll never be the best in all of l.a.," i tell him. "but okay, enough about me, let's talk about you. any news about the baby?"

"nope, not really. jessica's twenty-one weeks pregnant now and hates being 'fat'," he says. "oh, and i've finally decided on a theme for the nursery."

"oh, yeah? what's the theme?"

"well, the color is purple and i'm doing butterflies," he tells me.

"aw, that'll be cute."

"yeah, i already have the walls painted and i've already bought all the furniture. now, i just need to get the crib and all that other furniture put together. my mom and sister are flying out here tomorrow to help me with the actual decorations and girly stuff," he chuckles.

"make sure you send me a picture once you're done with it, i wanna see it."

"you'll be the first to see it, don't worry."

><><><><

short chapter, sorry :( but from here on out, since we're already in chapter fourteen and since she's only twenty-one weeks preggo, i'm gonna start doing larger time skips than i have been. like, they might be three or four more chapters before the baby's born, all depending. also, since i won't be writing a chapter where he sends anderson the pics of the nursery, this is what i picture the nursery will look like once it's done :)

 also, since i won't be writing a chapter where he sends anderson the pics of the nursery, this is what i picture the nursery will look like once it's done :)