twenty-eight

anderson

"good morning, sleeping beauty," i coo as natalia wakes due to me putting a headband on her head. adjusting the headband, i decide to take a picture, snapping it just as she stretches. letting out a small laugh, i post the picture on instagram.

andersonford: mommy's little princess♡👑

just as it uploads and i click the home button, exiting the app, my phone dings and a text appears on the top of the screen. pulling the notification down, i read the text.

[nate] i won't be out of the studio until late tonight but i'll bring food and my handsome self to make up for it

rolling my eyes at his text, i choose not to reply, instead locking my phone and slipping it into the back pocket of my high waisted shorts. picking natalia up, i bring her to my chest and smile. "wanna go surprise daddy at the studio?" turning on my heels, i head out of the bedroom. "daddy," i repeat, testing the waters before i shake my head. "definitely not."

i head into the kitchen and fill a bottle with water before slipping it into the side pocket of natalia's diaper bag for later. after placing natalia in her carrier and buckling her in, i grab her diaper bag and my purse, pushing them up on my shoulder before grabbing natalia's carrier and exiting nate's house, locking the door behind me. ever since i first stayed at nate's it's became a regular thing and i usually find myself staying at least two nights every week. this week though, i've stayed three nights so far, because nate has been going to the studio and working on his new music. it all works out though, because i think natalia likes all the attention she gets when she comes to work with me at the salon.

placing the diaper bag in the backseat, i place natalia's carrier in its place, locking it in before shutting the back door and climbing in the driver seat.

on the way to the studio i swing by and get the boys something to eat, sure that they're all hungry since they've been at it since noon and it's now five. it doesn't take long to arrive at the studio and i soon find myself pushing the door open, a bag of food and my purse in one hand with natalia's carrier in the other. nate turns at the sound of the door opening, a wide grin spreading across his face as he sees us. "my baby's here!" he exclaims and i grin as he heads over to us, but the grin immediately falls as he ignores me, going straight for natalia.

"butthole," i murmur as he takes the carrier from my hand, placing it on the couch. nate glances over at me with a teasing grin but doesn't say anything, instead looking back down at natalia and pulling her from her carrier. turning towards swazz and dillon, i flash them a smile, holding up the bag of food. "i brought you all some food, figured you were hungry," i tell them with a shrug, placing the bag of food on the table.

"thanks babe," swazz says with a grin, causing nate to glare at him. wrapping an arm around my waist, nate pulls me into his side. "what? don't glare at me, i was just giving your woman some attention since you weren't."

"exactly, my woman. so back off before i have to kick ya ass."

"language," i remind him, turning in his grasp to face him with a teasing grin. he hates when i tell him not to cuss. he always says, and i quote, "natalia can't even talk yet! let me cuss while i can."

"shut up," he mumbles, rolling his eyes. leaning down, he places a quick peck on my lips before looking over at natalia. "do you know what today is?" he asks, glancing back down at me.

"it's thursday... june the second...?" i trail off, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. nate glances over at natalia then back at me and it's then that it hits me. "she's two months old today! how could i forget!" i look over at natalia and grin as she looks back at me with her eyes identical to her daddy's.

"i didn't forget, so i guess that makes me the better parent," nate teases, grinning down at me.

"this ain't a competition, nate." i roll my eyes and he chuckles, pulling me closer to him for a second before loosening back up.

"if it was though, i'd definitely win."

××

"good night, baby girl," i whisper, gently laying natalia's sleeping figure down in her crib. just as i pull a thin cover up over her, a pair of arms circle my waist and a chin rests on my shoulder. looking down at the sleeping baby, i let out a sigh. "she's gotten so big," i pout, not wanting her to grow up so fast. it seems like just yesterday i was going to the hospital to see her for the first time, when in reality that was two months ago.

"i know," nate mumbles, his arms tightening around me. "i don't have to go to the studio tomorrow, so i figured we could go out and do something. or make it a lazy day, it doesn't matter to me as long as i get to spend it with my two favorite girls."