IV

''So, results are showing improvement Zac. As soon as we can see if you can get around without assistance, we'll discharge you. But I will make myself clear once more, rest is very much needed right now.'' The doctor spoke, moving his clipboard from his view to look on at Zac, whom was sat in the chair just nodding his head.

''I know you want out of this place, but I have to base my views on what I see. I have to follow through with my views and use them when it comes to my decision on when you leave here. I also have to fall back on previous records.'' He spoke, taking a seat on the bed and look over at Zac. ''How are you feeling Zachariah? Where is your head?''

Zac had been showing signs of depression over the last few days, his annoyance at himself for not being able to support himself without help had now slowly fallen into anger. He would sit in silence, ignoring the ones who would help him when need be.

''My head is somewhere.''

''I need you to voice your feelings Zachariah, that way I can help you.''

Sitting back in his chair, his eyes killing the doctor before him while he sighed. ''I feel like absolute shit, that's what I feel. I feel like I'm back to where I was all those years ago, like I'm fucking worthless all over again. I can't catch a stupid ball because my brain is fucked up all over again. I can't fix this, I can't fix me and it's annoying.''

''You aren't back to where you once were before, Zac. You show signs of high improvement. You're able to speak with people and even hold great conversation.'' The doctor smiled, sitting his board beside him. ''Look, what happened was not your fault, back then or now. And if you don't believe my words, then ask the ones who love you.''

''How can I face them?'' He spat back, struggling to get up to his feet, now his fist came into contact with the table beside him in anger. ''Look at me! I can't even get up!''

''Yes because of the extent of your injuries. You force yourself too much, and that sewture you have right there will burst open and you will be taken back into the operating theatre. That would mean you stay here longer, if you truly wanted to get up then you'd put yourself in that position. But you are smart enough to know that only bad things come from that.''

Zac balled his fists tight, his knuckles turning white as he counted himself down from twenty. Once reaching one, he found himself in a more calm state before apologizing to the doctor whom was only trying to help.

''It's okay Zachariah, I understand your frustration but give yourself more time. Here, if you can walk without assistance then you're free from this room. I see that happening in the next few days, but I want to make myself very clear. Once you are out, you take all the help you are offered from your loved ones. If they say you should rest, then that's what you shall do. Do I make myself clear with you?''

''Yes Doctor James.'' He sulked, now slouching in the chair while the doctor laughed, patting his knee gently.

''Good, I'll be speaking with your family constantly to make sure of full recovery.''

''Thank you. Not for this, but for agreeing to come all the way from Tampa to treat me.''

''I only trust you in my care, I have seen you at your worst and this isn't it. It's just a shame that your real family couldn't come, but Zachariah. You do not need them, I see you with your new family. They love you, very much. Never let go of the love they are offering.'' Doctor James smiled, he had been Zac's doctor during the car accident and so forth. He knew of Zachariah's history from when his father treated his as a young child.

He knew of his life, of the tragedy it once was when his father was in his life. He knew of how unstable his life had been, going from his home to his grandparents when he needed to hide away from more beatings. Once James' father had retired to live out his years of retirement, James had took it upon himself to care for Zac after watching him grow up.