V

Clara gathered the rest of his belongings, folding each item of clothing into his duffle bag while she hummed along happily. The news of him being discharged had become music to her ears, as well as the others around him. Zac himself too.

''Well, well. I think that's the first genuine smile I've seen on your face these recent days, Mr.Strauss.'' Doctor James joked, retrieving the papers from his folder and planting them down onto the desk in front of Zac.

''Oh, wait. That girl who's been around a lot, whenever I've see you in her presence you smile. Love my friend?'' He speaks quietly, disregarding the presence of Clara in the room.

''I don't think my love life, or the lack that is my love life has anything to do with my health. Wouldn't you agree?'' Zac smirked back, watching as his doctor laughed at his humorous side. ''But, if we are talking about love lives here. How is Mrs.James doing? Little Freddie doing fine?''

''He's a great kid. Maybe he'll become a doctor to your child some day, carry on the whole looking out for the Strauss family.'' His hand softly rested on Zac's shoulder, squeezing ever so gently. ''I think you and the girl who makes you smile would have some attractive looking kids.''

Rolling his eyes, Zac found himself amused by the statement as he grabbed the pen and began signing the forms. ''We're just friends.''

''Yeah, because we all look at our friends like they're the only person in the room. That they bring life to our boring lives just with simple words. Like they put the stars in the sky.''

''James, don't make me add you to my hit list.'' Zac squinted his eyes, the doctor now stepping back and raising his hands up. ''Good, now take these papers and get yourself back home to your family.''

''When you're back in Miami, or Tampa. Give me a call, I know the wife would love to see you. Maybe bring the smiley girl.'' He teased one last time, offering his hand out to Zac whom shook it with a genuine smile on his face.

''Thank you again.''

''It's my job, but thank you for calling on me to be your doctor. Extra pay for this type of shi..Stuff.'' The doctor laughed, waving him off as well as Clara. Within seconds, the girl who brought a smile to his face had lit up the room the moment she stepped inside.

''That doctor is extremely attractive.''

''Mom!'' The two said in unison, Clara just waving them off while giggling to herself. ''Shames he's married.''

''You're married!'' Lauren shouted, watching Clara become a little school girl whilst giggling. ''To a very lovely man, I know Mija. But a girl can dream sometimes.''

''Can we just get me out of here, I'm tired of seeing these four walls.'' Zac added to the conversation, Lauren just immediately smiled and held out her arm.

''Let's get you home, mister.''

***

Huffing out a puff of air once she managed to get Zac up the stairs and into his bedroom with the assistance of Dinah, she threw herself back on the bed.

''I'm glad to have you home, really I am. But, seriously I think you should have stayed longer.'' Lauren huffed once more, her eyes scanning over his shirtless torso as his chest heaved.

''Don't go there Jauregui. It's just the first day, I'll not need assistance tomorrow. Just, I haven't climbed stairs in fourteen days and my body is tired.''

''That's it. You sir are going to remain in bed, you do not leave until I fucking say so.'' Lauren spoke, now sitting up on his waist. Weary of how much pressure she was putting down on him, his smile soft.