Chapter 4 -Patner Picking

The bell rang and I started packing up my books in my bag. I walk to the back of the class where everyone is checking their patners. I struggle a bit before I'm able to see and read the paper. I check my name to see that I'm paired up with someone called Brent Thompson. I turn to leave the class for my next class history when I felt a hand on my arm and turn to see blue eyes staring back at me.

"You're Emma right"

"Yeah"I'm confused now "emm..what can I help you with"

"I'm Brent your partner"I still see his hands on my arm and remove it from his grasp slowly

"Okay listen Brent I don't do boy-girl project" he's laughing now and that so makes me wanna punch him.

"Is something funny here?"I turn around to look for what's making him laugh. What's wrong with this boy is he bipolar or what. I'm really getting annoyed because now he's sitting on a chair and has his hands on the table to support him still laughing while I'm serious. Doesn't he see when someone is being serious? Okay I'm leaving.

I'm leaving when be jumps in front of me.

"Sorry about that its just you're hilarious"I bring me eyebrows together thinking of what makes me hilarious

"Oh now I'm the one laughing. If you're laughing about what I said you shouldn't. Its not a laughing matter. I'm really serious I don't do boy-girl project

"And why's that?"he cross his arms and I see his huge biceps I mean ther're really huge. He must work very hard for them.

"Done checking me out" I don't know what to say it's like he has me under some kind of spell. We lock eyes and just keep staring at each other.

A loud noise comes out of the intercom

"Okay see you at lunch"he turns to leave. What was that about? He just left? Oh my god I can't believe him. Come on Emma you're being a fool. guys are like that what do you know he might probably be sucking some girl's face right now. Stop thinking about him. so what if he's doing that or what do you care. I shout at myself and proceed to find my new class.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

The day was exhausting ranging from class to class. I didn't go to lunch. I just sat down to study. I'm walking to Kale's locker. I'm done putting my books in mine.

"Hey wait up"I'm pulled to a hard chest and look up to find Brent staring back at me.

"Wow do you always like pulling people by their arms?- I rubbed where he held. it hurts-jeez"

"Sorry about that. Wow it was hard to find you. You're like an invisible person I mean really do you have Harry Porters Cloak"

"What?"I really don't know what this guy is talking about

"Forget it. I thought I said we'll meet at lunch"

"Technically you said we'll meet not we should meet. I'm sure there's a huge -i open up my arms to show him how huge they are- difference between them"

"Thanks for the tip genius"

"You're welcome" I bow.

"You can be an.."

"Well this I wasn't expecting to see" I'll know that annoying voice anywhere. I turn to see Andrew and he has his arms crossed.

I'm leaving.

"Wait you can't leave" he's holding my arm and when he sees me glaring at his hands touching me he removes it.

"And why can't she. Huh?" Its annoying Andrew tone speaking. I sigh.

"I have to go home"

"What about the project shouldn't..."

"Okay weren't you listening?" I've let this guy get way too far. Where's that fire that sends them running. Breathe just give it to him and send him out of your life.

I sign"weren't you listening? I.DON'T.DO.GIRL-BOYPROJECT! or do you want it in handwriting and for me to stick it up your face so that you'll remember that I.."

"Yeah yeah don't do boy-girl project"

"Finally your brain is doing its job" I had to talk smart ass if I was ever going to survive boys and high school. I've spent most of my summer learning comebacks and watching high school movies to get the gist of the style.

I walk to Kale's locker and she's not there. She must be at the parking lot but I go there and she's not there. Oh my god I'm panicking as I check my phone to see if she left any message. Now I'm gonna faint Kale has sent me a text saying she went home with her boyfriend and I should go home with Kevin and her mom won't be picking her.

I'm soo dead how am I gonna get home?