Home Sweet Home Grandpa (Chapter 6)

"I thought I had to come in and get you"

"Come on granny I just went inside you just couldn't have given me a little time. You know..."

"Its okay you're here let's just go"grandpa said. Grandpa turned on the radio and the rest of the ride was silent.

......

When we got home, I got down to remove the groceries and quickly took them in the kitchen as grandma tried to slow down grandpa so that I'll have time to come to the living room and we can welcome him together. I placed them on the counter and headed for the living room.

When I got there I peeked through the window to see them and I made eye contact with grandma as she winked at me. They were almost to the door so I stood upright waiting for them to enter. The knob twisted and grandma entered first as she quickly stumbled as she came to stand beside me. Grandpa entered and we both shouted as I flicked on the light.

"Home sweet home!"we said in unison

"Oh wow I can't believe this. You didn't have to go through all this trouble"

"This wasn't trouble at all on the contrary it was the complete opposite. It was a pleasure. Welcome home grandpa" he opened his arms as I fell inside. I wrapped my arms around him.Grandma joined the hug.

"This is so nice"grandma said"let's dig in"

Decorations had been hanged on the wall. A long banner that says"Welcome Home Grandpa"has been placed in front of the door. We filled the room with balloons of different colours. Grandma prepared her homemade soup, lasagna, grilled chicken vanilla ice cream and chocolate cake grandpa's favourite and of course you can't have a party without drinks. We set a big table and place refreshments on it.

"Guest will be arriving soon"grandma said. Grandma and I thought maybe we can invite a few of the neighbours to come celebrate with us.

"You invited people?!"

"Yeah we thought it will be extra nice if more people are here. I mean the more the merrier right?"I said

"Yeah you're right"

People came soon and we started to eat. It was nice some even brought cards and gifts. Grandma and I didn't expect it to turn that big but grandpa seemed to be really enjoying himself. Many people congratulated us for doing such a nice thing for grandpa.

"Wow you've really grown into a beautiful woman"that was my aunt Celine's words. Most family members came I mean those who care and what a coincidence they all come from my mothers side of the family. My paternal side hates me I mean how would I know I haven't even met them before maybe that's the whole point.

I was really enjoying myself when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see the last person on earth I expected to see.

.
......

Sorry its do short. Ill make it up with a long chapter during the weekends. Who do you think it is?

XOX vote and comment.