Chapter 5 -Getting A Job.

"So its everything set at home?"

"Yeah. everything its perfect" i could see the excitement in grandma's eyes. I called her to pick me up. Good thing she had finished working and she was on her way to visit grandpa at the hospital. My grandma owns a bakery that's where all our money is from. Grandpa can't work because of his frequent heart attacks but he and I helps grandma occasionally. We are at the hospital right now.

"How is my favourite grandchild doing" I turn to look at grandpa.

"Ohhh grandpa I've missed you"

"I've missed you too"we hug for a few minutes and when I'm about to release myself from the hug,he squeezes my waist pulling me in another hug.

"Wow I can see you're doing very fine. You're strong now aren't you?"we are all laughing now.

"Let's go"grandma holds grandpa's hands and lead us to the elevator

"So how was your first day at school"

"It was okay. I guess" I shrug my shoulders and then the face of a blue eyed boy flashes through my brain."I don't think it was actually fine honestly speaking"

"Why what went wrong. Oh virgin mother. Are you okay" granny holds my cheek examining me as we get out of the elevator."I just knew we shouldn't have allowed her to go to school"

"You're overreacting Kait"

"Overreacting our one and only..."

"Okay granny. Grandpa is right you're overreacting. That's not the kind of wrong I'm talking about"

"Then what's it"she opens the car and we all sit in. She puts the car and ignition and we're off.

"You can start talking to me now"

I breathe in. I know she's not going to like what I'm going to tell her and neither am I. Oh my god I'm acting like I'm about to tell her about some awfully dreadful news. But hey this is pretty awful. Its also partly my fault if I hadn't have agreed with grandpa none of this would have happened.

"Okay, I'm doing.. I mean my teacher wants me to do a boy girl project debate"

"A boy girl? That it necessarily has to be...."

"Yeah it has to be and it's 60% of our grade"grandma stops at the grocery store.

"Here's the list. We need items for home" she hands me the list with some cash on top."hurry up okay"

"Okay I'll be back soon. I'll be so fast that you won't notice I'm gone"

"Okay" I step out of the car in the grocery shop looking at the list. Most of these stuff we've been out for a long time. I pick up a troller and go to the canned food section. I start picking up what we really need because I doubt the money will be enough. I finish doing the shopping and I'm going to the cashier when someone tucks my dress. I look up to see an adorable little girl.

"Oh my god you're soo cute"I touch her cheek and lower myself so that we are of the same height. "What is your name you sweet little princess"

"I'm Chelsea"awww even her name is adorable.

"Please can you help me look for my mommy?"

"Of course" I pick her up and put her on my waist.

"Where did your mommy leave you"

"Huh?"she looks confused.

"I mean where did you get lost in here"

"I don't remember"

"Okay"I take the troller and take it to the check point. After she's done I pay for it.

"I want chocolate"

"I don't think your mom will like you eating chocolate"

"She would've bought it for me"

"Really?"she nods her head. You shouldn't buy it. What if her mom is not friendly and gets extremely angry for buying chocolate for her daughter. This could end in a war.

"Maybe when I take you to her then she can come back here and buy it for you"

"Will we find her?"tears start to slip down her cheeks

"Oh don't cry I promise we'll find her"I wipe the tears off her cheeks.

"Promise?"

"I promise"

"Emma what are you doing with this girl?"

"Granny she's just a lost girl. I'm helping her find her mom"

"Hi"Chelsea says as she extends her hand to granny

"Oh hii you're so cuuteee"she's squeezing her cheeks

"Hey she is isn't she? Put this in the car I'll look for her mom real quick and I'll come back"

"The first time you said you'll be quick you weren't actually quick"

"Well this time I'll be quick"

"Two minutes"she says as she pulls the troller and waves Chelsea and she waves back. I go to where I found her and see a tall beautiful woman with falwless skin with brown hair.

"Mom!"should have figured. She turns around and her lips curls up with joy as she reaches over and I give Chelsea to her and she hugs her. Awww its so nice seeing the nice display of affection. I wish my mom cared about me enough to have stayed and showed me this kind of affection.

"Thank you for bring me back my beautiful daughter. Wow her skin looked like a polished pearl.

"You're welcome"I turn to leave but Chelsea calls

"Wait!"I turn

"Are you leaving right now?"

"Yeah my Granny is waiting for me"

"Chelsea seems to like you"

"Yeah mom I like her. Give her the job"

"What?!"her mom kooks at her like she's crazy"I don't even think she'll accept"

"She would"

"Okay emm... I don't even know your name "

"Its Emma" Chelsea says and I look at her bewildered. How the heck did she know my name. She sees the look on my face and says

"I heard your granny call you when she came " oh of course. But to give it to her, she's smart. Very smart

"I'm impressed"

"I'm a fast learner and a good listener . Will you be my babysitter?"

"Me?"I'm pointing to myself. I don't know what to say

"Pleaseee!she does this adorable face that I just can't say no to

"But I haven't ever babysat before"

"I don't care!"

"Please accept else she'll throw a tantrum. She won't stop until she gets what she wants

"Emmm..."what should I say. I look from her mother to Chelsea. Granny won't like this but

"Yes. I'll do it"

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

XOX

Please vote and comment. Lovvveeee you all.