Chapter 1

All Rights Reserved

-∞-Chapter 1-∞-

Grayson strolled up the front lawn casually. One of his hands were shoved into his pockets while the other held a bag of candy and presents for his nieces and nephew while he eyed his surrounding cautiously. Even after all these years, he was as cautious as ever and had always kept an eye out for any possible threats that could happen. One may never know what could or would happen. It was always better to be safe than sorry.

Today was another weekly Sunday brunch that his sister-in-law had invited him to. It was now a regular thing for the past six years and attendance was mandatory if he didn't want to face his brother's wife's wrath.

As Grayson neared the front door, he could hear a semblance of an argument sounding and he briefly wondered if his brother had gotten into trouble with his wife again. It wouldn't be a surprise considering Miranda Kolosov née Barone was the one who ruled the Kolosov household.

Grayson knocked once on the big wooden door and rocked his heels as he waited for someone to open the door to let him in. Immediately, the door swung open and he was met with the sight of his smiling sister-in-law.

"Grayson! Come on in! I'm glad you came and I see that you brought more sweets for the kids." Mel greeted and beamed but narrowed her eyes when she spotted the huge bag in his hands. Grayson shrugged but allowed a slight smirk to grace his face and she sighed before gesturing him in.

"Promise me you will stop spoiling them, the kids are already spoiled enough due to their father."

Grayson shrugged before answering. "I apologise but they are my nieces and nephew. It is my job to spoil them."

Mel huffed and allowed a begrudging smile to cross her face. "Alright. But no more sweets! Kat gets terrible sugar rushes. Anyway, I'm just really glad to see you. A month is way too long to be away from family. Believe it or not, Slade misses you."

Grayson nodded awkwardly. Even though after all these years, it was still strange for someone to say that he was missed. His sister-in-law opened her mouth to say something but was cut off when a loud voice was heard. "I don't have to fu-fecking deal with this!"

"So don't. No one really wants you here Barone. You're always free to go."

Grayson lifted an eyebrow at his brother's words and watched in amusement as Mel scowled and tilted her head backwards as she groaned. "Ugh, give me a second. The kids are in the dining room waiting for lunch. Make sure you don't give them the sweets now-"

"Ugh great, what is he doing here as well? What is this? The Kolosov Emporium? Enter and get a free member of the Kolosov household? Mel, do you really need another one in your house?"

Grayson stood casually as Alexi Barone glared at him and turned to his sister-in-law. Now that he had caught sight of him, he knew exactly who was arguing with who. Just as Grayson thought this, his twin, Sebastian strolled into the hallway, a condescending and smug smirk was adorning his face.