Chapter 9

All Rights Reserved

-∞-Chapter 9-∞-

Claire was quiet and tense. Wyatt hadn't realised of course. But he did. She had been this way for about a week and well, he understood after she confided in him about the reason of her state.

Grayson had been debating on the possible ways he could deal with this and trying to determine the numerous outcomes it could lead to and well, he was sure of one thing.

He would not be stepping one foot out of his prison cell.

Men like Claire's husband reminded him of his father and Grayson hated his father. His father deserved to rot in the deepest pits in hell, spending an eternity suffering for all the cruelty he had wrought to the people around him. Especially to his own family members.

He exhaled deeply before going on to lock up those emerging memories in the back of his mind. He didn't want to think about anything regarding his fucked up family.

And this included his brother but in a good way. He knew that he would never have been able to be on better terms with his twin had it not been for his sister-in-law.

The day that the brunette had told him, he had held her tightly in his arms as she trembled against him in fear. Her eyes were wide in shock and her lower lip was quivering as she quietly explained what was happening. Clearly, she needed better lawyers like the one his twin had.

The sight of Claire jumping in fright from Wyatt dropping the television remote made him grit his teeth. He hadn't even met the man and already, he knew that if he had the chance, the man wouldn't even know what pain was until he got a nice interrogation from Grayson himself.

He knew the man getting out of jail was bothering Claire. She was more jittery and was always on guard be it at home or in public. Now, there was a change in her lovely blue eyes. Instead of being light and friendly, there was now a hint of fear in them. It was like she was afraid of her own shadow.

Benjamin Woods was a dead man walking.

He had offered quietly to stay over to make sure that Claire would be alright and it was a good thing he had. Claire was the type to fret and worry and she had to be busy to keep her mind distracted.

Ever since last week, he had caught her cleaning her kitchen the fourth time that day. He knew that she had little sleep and he had woken up more than once in the night to hear her shuffling around the house.

But what made his heart ache in bittersweet sadness was to see Claire wake up in the middle of the night and run to Wyatt's room to make sure he was alright. He would follow her silently and watch as she knelt beside the small bed and stroke his hair away from his forehead as the boy slept.

He was still deciding if he should tell her that Wyatt was not ignorant of her ex's abusive ways. Grayson was still a little disturbed at the worried tone that Wyatt had used when he had asked him if he was going to hit Claire.