Chapter 8

All Rights Reserved

-∞-Chapter 8-∞-

Grayson watched as Wyatt began chucking snow at him and well, he thought that the boy had bad aim until one of the snowballs had hit him square in the face.

Wyatt had burst into laughter, no doubt at Grayson's astonished face with melting snow dripping down his cheeks.

He narrowed his eyes and stalked towards the boy before grabbing a large handful of snow and dumped it over Wyatt's head. The six-year-old squealed in shock and started shaking the snow off his head. Much to Grayson's amusement, he looked like a spastic chicken.

Today was a Saturday and both Grayson and Wyatt were at the park making the most of the fallen snow. Originally, Claire was supposed to come along but she had a cold and had insisted that Grayson went ahead with Wyatt.

All Claire wanted was for them to bring back a cup of hot chocolate for her when they got back.

"Grayson! Could we make a snowman?"

He smiled indulgently and nodded and Wyatt whooped in delight before running to an untouched pile of snow and began shaping it into a ball.

Grayson tightened his scarf before making sure that his gloves were secured on his hands as his made his way towards Wyatt. "Why don't we roll this so it'll get bigger instead of piling snow on it?"

Wyatt agreed and slowly began to push the mound of snow on the ground. It was mildly amusing to Grayson to see the boy heaving from the effort while the ball of snow didn't move an inch. He allowed a smile to appear on his face at that sight before bending down to help.

In no time, their snowman was built and all that was missing was its face and arms. "It looks great Wyatt."

The boy beamed from the compliment and began rushing off to find materials to give their snowman a face and arms.

Grayson made sure that Wyatt was still in his view even though the boy was now quite far off gathering what looked like little twigs. Reassured that the boy was still in his sight, Grayson took a short glance at the snowman before a wry but bitter smile cross his face.

It was probably the second time that Grayson had made a snowman. The first was with his niece Kat just the very last year. To be honest with himself, he could never remember ever being able to do something as carefree as building a snowman or playing in the snow while growing up.

For him and his twin, it was always cruelty and pain and well abusive fathers and crying mothers. Often, Grayson had wondered if he had done something awful in his past lives as he had a pretty awful one this time round.

The sound of a man yelling broke Grayson out of his thoughts and he straightened up to see a scene that made the blood boil in his veins.