Hatred... Never dies

Draco Pov
'We need to rescue her- Serena I mean' said Draco.
Harry nodded.

Harry and Draco had come to know that the girl in the Manor the other day was none but Harry's granddaughter  - Serena Potter...

Draco didn't know how harry was coping with all this...

'Well, then it's old time back again... mate' he added reluctantly.
Harry looked surprised at that.
'Plans' Draco said.
'Yeah... We will need your help- dad' he winced while referring to James Potter who was standing in the corner.

James nodded.
'What's her parentage?' asked harry.
'Maximus Potter and Jade Black' .

'Wait— you mean Sirius and Remus have children and Grandchildren as well...?' asked harry.

'Duh' said Draco.
James nodded.
'But then— you three can outwit the Malfoy's, together right?'

James winced at 'three'
'Harry, me and Sirius can't do anything— no one can... But you two can do something—'

'What?'
'Furious... You guys know him?'
'Mean nasty pathetic blonde Malfoy?' harry asked.

'Yeah right- him.'
'You guys do realize that I am right here?' asked Draco.
'Doesnt make you less nasty or pathetic. You remain a blonde.'
Replied harry.
James laughed at that.

Draco decided not to dwell and ignore the comment...
'Yeah, so the point is we have time till Friday- 3 days from now before he- he—'
James couldn't bring himself to say...

'Yeah we know. But what exactly are you are implying?'

'I want to kill him- all of them... but i was not born for killing' said james.
'Draco' he continued 'this dimension one- he hates the potters. Not just hate he wants to kill all of us- well not one.'

'I will reveal you the secret- the reason due to which the long-standing potter-malfoy hatred started...'

Harry and Draco waited expectantly.
'There were two boys once. Both loved a girl. One was her friend. One- her enemy.'

James paused sadly. 'One didn't have the courage to ask her out. The other did... and faced the harshest rejection of his life. Well that boy fell in depression and hated the other boy who later won her.'

Draco could relate... He didn't want to but he knew now...
The girl was Hermione...
The boy who won her- who was always lucky.... Harry...

And the boy who always sulked in depression - who was always evil - who always hated the potters, irrespective of dimensions was him...

Draco Malfoy.
Maybe he couldn't change... Maybe he had to remain like that forever - the one who had the worst life - one who had no one...
He didn't deserve her, surely...
The truth was bitter but after all it was the truth- he didn't deserve Hermione...

The hatred never died..
It never dies..