I love you

Draco pov
The bridge bended completely to send the Aurors and Draco crashing at the railings of one side.
An Auror fired a curse at Draco who dodged it with ease to be greeted by many.

'Weasley' he snarled.
'Malfoy' Weasley smirked.
'Ron. What are you doing?' came a faint voice from the opposite end.

It all happened in slow motion. As the railings behind Draco started to break off and the bridge came to the state of collapsing majorly.

'She hates me..' Weasley coldly whispered 'and it's all because of you' saying that Weasley walked over till Hermione.

Draco kicked his leg in frustration.
Fuck, no.. what had he done?
The railings almost broke off and Draco fell of the bridge just in time to catch the railing.

He couldn't reach his wand.. nor could he apparate.. The ministry had stripped him of apparition powers.. damn those bloody fools..

He looked beneath him to see the vast sea and understood what to do..

Hermione POV
She pushed off Ron who fell down due to the jerking of the bridge..
All she cared about was for Draco ..

She ran and knelt till the railings..
'Draco. Catch my hand.'
Draco took it just two fingers connecting with hers.
'This is not enough. The whole palm'
She bent till she had grabbed his hand.
'You can't do this.. This will end up bad for the both of us..'
As the bridge creaked more and more Draco slipped further..

'Draco!' Hermione screamed.

Draco Pov
'Draco!' Hermione screamed.

Her hand was the only thing that was holding him. He knew that there was no hope. That he had to let go...

He kissed her hand.
"Goodbye, mione"
"DRACO, NO-"
Hermione's screams and choked tears echoed throughout the air...

Draco left her hand. And plunged into the deep sea. His last memory of Hermione crying...
Hermione stood in shock... horror... that she would never see her boyfriend again...

She heard the a huge wave erupt and among the chaos a faint voice of words...

'Hermione, I love you ... I always had'
Then it was no where to be heard.
This couldn't be true..

But the realisation sank to her.. That her boyfriend was no more..
Draco Malfoy was dead..
***
Ron Pov
He regretted it. He hated himself so very much but nobody actually believed it..

He was healing himself from some badass punches he received from Hermione an hour ago..

Flashback:
Hermione came over to him.. Then started punching him like there was no tomorrow...
And with every punch she stung deep..

'You bastard.. Why did you? Why did you kill him?'
'I didn't.. I swear, I just-ow. Just listen-ow. Ok, just punch me all you-Ow'

The other Aurors had apparated away and the bridge was empty except for him and Hermione.. no sign of Malfoy.

Suddenly a car came to a stop beside them.
Ron saw his best friend come out..

'I can't believe this' he spat.
'Trust me I didn't want to—'
'I cant-' Harry stopped on seeing Hermione. 'Well you could do a favour by leaving us, Ron'

'I- uh ok, then'
'And remember one thing - I HATE
You Ronald Weasley' was the last thing he heard from Hermione..
***

Hermione decided to move on but it still pained her when thinking about him..
But maybe they just weren't meant to be. And even if she continued crying her eyes out for him- it wasn't as he would return..
For he was no more.
***

But what if Draco Malfoy hadn't died? What is in some corner of the world the devil was alive?...
Still Alive...

TO BE CONTINUED...
IN SEQUEL -
BOOK 5: CRIMINAL