three.

btw jimin dorms because his house is far from the (senior?) high school he goes to. so yeah. there's a dorm nearby and he lives there.

jimin's nervous. jimin wants to die.

those were the only valid words to describe how he felt at the moment-- nervous. his heart raced at the sound of a knock on his door, his feet dragging himself towards the stupid piece of wood. he stopped midway turning the knob, taking a deep breath.

he knew.

he knew it was min yoongi behind this door.

after the little scene he had spotted at the mall the other day, he started to avoid min yoongi. half of why he wants to kill himself: why did he ignore yoongi? he didn't know, really, why. perhaps every time he looked at yoongi, or vice versa, he felt the guilt and pressure running through his veins. the fact that he could just simply say it and ruin everything, at that moment. ruin everything, or help yoongi. for the best, but would the latter believe him? aforementioned, that was his big problem.

would yoongi believe him?

he shook his head, a voice at the back of his head trying to convince himself, don't tell yoongi. it's not the right time. not the right decision, as his hands automatically go on to turn the knob, his breathing quickening.

when he opens the door, he forgets that his eyes were closed. opening one eye, he spotted min yoongi, of course, looking absolutely furious. jimin opens both of his eyes, and gulps.

"hyung."

yoongi raises an eyebrow, walking past the younger, towards the center of the room. "jimin." he addresses quietly, but somehow, somehow, jimin sensed the held back anger in his tone of voice.

"why are you here?" jimin asks innocently, closing the door and striding towards yoongi, standing a good distance away from yoongi, who only cringed at him in 'response.'

"you know why i'm here."

"no idea."

"stop lying, park jimin," yoongi growls, and honestly, jimin's scared, the words he wishes to say right at the tip of his tongue, waiting to be released. so close, and yet, something big tells him, no. "you very well know why the fuck i'm here. you've been ignoring me, haven't you? for the past few days."

jimin tilts his head, trying to act clueless, but he knows it won't help.

"between the two of us, you'd be the one with a lot of information as to why you haven't been acknowledging my existence."

"i don't know what you're--"

"stop playing games with me, park jimin." yoongi sighs.

jimin does the same, walking over to yoongi, placing his hands on the older boy's shoulders. "i'm... listen, yoongi," jimin says, trying to make everything seem convincing, because in reality, he's wrecked. he's fucking dead. he will be, by the end of this week, if he doesn't sort shit out and try to find a way to subtly tell yoongi the truth. "i've had a lot on my mind... recently."

yoongi's not buying it. he opens his mouth to say something, only to get shut down by jimin.

"i didn't mean to ignore you, i promise."

"that's not what it felt like."

"i've been thinking too much recently. seriously."

"really? after calling your name for about fifty times, you just run away."

jimin's eyes widens in fake shock. "wh... when did that happen? oh my gosh, i might have been spacing out. i'm sorry, yoongi. there's just a lot in my head nowadays, you know?"

yoongi's expression softens, jimin's nerves calming down at the sight.

"hey, why don't we spend this weekend together? just the two of us?" jimin suggests.

yoongi's looking reluctant. "...sure."

jimin clasped his hands together, "great! if i ever ignore you for the rest of the week until saturday, snap me out of it. i may think a bit too much again."

"sure." yoongi smiles.

"come on," jimin hides the anxiousness in his voice, holding onto yoongi's wrist and dragging him towards the door. "let's go get some ice cream."

as the two exit the dorm later on, jimin tries to ignore his deteriorating feelings.

— — —

as jimin opens his mouth to receive the spoon of ice cream from yoongi, he hears the latter hum.

"say, jimin."

jimin licked up the ice cream on yoongi's spoon, before turning to focus on his own cup of ice cream.

"yeah, hyung?"

"you're my best friend. you know that, right? jina... i've been busy with jina lately. i don't know what's been on your mind, but if the thought of our distance bothers you, we'll go with our plans this weekend. i want you to know, you'll always be my best friend. like i said, you're special. there's no one like you, you know that, right?"

jimin flinches at the sound of jina's name, but nonetheless, smiles. "yeah. i'd say the same for you."

"so, do you mind telling me what's been on your mind lately?"

jimin freezes, scooping some ice cream onto his spoon. "um... maybe another time. maybe not now. it's not important," he waves his hand dismissively, "i'm bothered by something small. not important."

but in reality, it is important, at least to jimin. because facing your best friend and telling them one of the worse truths, plus the possibly of them not believing you? it's terrifying. a terrifying thought-- a horrible one. jimin knows this and refuses to tell yoongi, knowing how much it'll break him.

but some things are supposed to be said. are meant to be said.

sooner or later, the truth lingering in jimin's mind will be said. will be heard. will cause hurt.

and jimin's not even sure if he, himself, is prepared for what's to come.