six.

okay i'm an asshole bc this is just a filler and i've been absent for like 305802952958503 years.

OH NO ANGST

jimin, feeling tired, puts down yoongi's phone on his desk and lets out a sigh he didn't know he'd been holding. then he hears a yawn and he's suddenly cursing under his breath as he turns around and sees the sight of yoongi stretching his arms, still looking sleepy, sat up on the bed.

"good morning, jiminie," yoongi says lowly, edging towards the end of the bed. "what's up?"

jimin gulps, striding over to the bed and standing in front of yoongi, fingers nervously tugging at the ends of his shirt, only noticing now how he was still wearing clothes for some sort of outing. ah, he must have fallen asleep last night-- but that still doesn't explain yoongi's presence.

"why are you here?" jimin asks firmly.

yoongi blinks, before dramatically clutching his shirt around his chest area, faking a gasp. "i'm hurt, jimin! do you not like me being here?"

jimin blushes. "no, it's fine. i'm just... how and why you're here is all i'm curious of."

"well," yoongi began, "after shopping with jina for approximately three hours, she decided that it'd be best if the two of us went out for dinner too. so, i'm really sorry-- i wasn't able to text you, jimin. but hey, i went up here to check up on you. you fell asleep on me! you know, we could've gone to a nightclub or something."

predictably, jimin feels regret stir in the pit of his stomach. he could've had a nice night-- not that kind of nice-- with yoongi, if only he hadn't fallen asleep by browsing through his phone whilst endlessly waiting for yoongi. but it wasn't his fault-- yoongi chose her over him, after all. sort of a douche move if you think about it; yoongi did promise to spend the weekend with jimin, right?

perhaps he shouldn't be acting too bitter over it all, but he can't help himself.

"i'm sorry," jimin somehow snaps. he mentally tells himself to stop now before he does something he'll regret. but he doesn't. well, because... "i'm not the one who ditched their best friend for some chick."

yoongi flinched at that. jimin gulps once more, eyes slightly widening as he looks down at the floor, "hyung, i'm sor--"

"jina is not just a chick, jimin. out of all the people i know, i thought you'd understand that the most." yoongi says, sounding hurt, "you know she's everything to me. she's the reason why i'm happy. she's the reason why i'm me."

no, jimin thinks, unable to look at yoongi in the eye. i'm the reason why you're you. all those years of our friendship. me. why can't you see? why can't you see me differently?

jimin's throat feels so dry as he says the words, "hyung, i'm sorry."

yoongi lets out a shaky breath, "i'm sorry too, jimin. i should've texted or called you about jina's unexpected plans. but please understand that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and i can never leave her."

but you can, yoongi. you can.

jimin desperately tells his mind to snap out of it, for himself to snap out of it. but there's a strong feeling rushing through his veins-- anger or bitterness, perhaps-- that tells him to say it. to end it. to say the truth. but he knows this isn't the right time. that he shouldn't. that yoongi shouldn't have to know.

but it was no use, as he felt his lips slowly move to produce words that he'd soon be guilty of saying.

"she's cheating on you, hyung."

there's a moment of uncomfortable silence between the two, jimin feeling as if the atmosphere were to suffocate him. he slowly lifts his gaze upwards, meeting the stare of yoongi, who had his lips pressed into a thin line, eyes giving jimin a questioning glance.

jimin watches as slowly, yoongi frowns, "and why should i believe you?" yoongi says, stiffly, still staring at jimin. and jimin feels as if this is the exact moment in which yoongi starts closing the door between them. a door that was open merely seconds ago. a door that allowed jimin and yoongi to feel at ease towards each other.

it's closed, now.

it's funny, really. when jimin tried so hard to stop himself from saying those previous words, it was effortless how he wasn't able to try and hold back. but now, he's trying to actually say some words he'd like yoongi to know.

but his bottom lip was quivering. he couldn't open them. not now.

because i'm your best friend. i'm better than her. i know for a fact that i would never, ever do that to you.

unfortunately for jimin, his hands and legs stay frozen as he watches yoongi's hurt gaze turn into a frown.

those words were left unsaid-- unable to do anything, unable to open that door-- as jimin watches yoongi walk past him, leaving him alone.