The 25

"Help us, please!" The scream pierced through the air, jerking all six of us into action

"Help us, please!" The scream pierced through the air, jerking all six of us into action. Without even a second of hesitation out legs were pushing us as hard and fast as they possibly could in the direction of the scream.

"PLEASE! SOMEONE HEAR US!" the cry was desperate but weak, like they themselves didn't have much left in them. This alone drove my legs harder, I was frantically pushing aside all the tree and bushes in my arm – it could be another group, or it could be Cara. Either way they needed me and I wasn't going to waste any time.

"I'm coming!" I yelled out hoping that they could hear me and they would stop their yelling to save their energy. "We're all coming, just wait a-" My sentence trailed off when I spotted the six bodies scattered over the clearing before us.

My heart and stomach dropped when I spotted Cara, the girl covered in blood coming from everywhere. Her ear was hidden behind a large slice and a pool of blood, her shoulders both sliced and the blood pouring over onto her shirt, her leg was the worse though. It was bent beyond 90 degrees, I could see a large opening at the back and could see blood pouring out. Before I could make my way to her she screamed out, "Check on them, please! I don't know if they're alive!" He voice was weak, breaking amongst the tears she was letting out.

The first body was Wyatt, after searching for his pulse I was given nothing. I could see four arrows in his chest, but the stab wound near his temple would have been his cause of death. He looked so angry even in death, his face crunched up with a permanent scowl.

Moving to the next ones, the two other girls, there was no pulse there either. They both had multiple arrows scattered over their limbs as well as stab wounds everywhere. The next boy was gone as well but the last one still had a pulse. It was weak but it was there.

"Jeremy? Can you hear me Jeremy." His eyes were closed and I couldn't ignore the large gash that ran from shoulder blade to shoulder blade. I could see his back muscles exposed, could tell he was a long shot- that I didn't have the resources to save him.

"Dru!" the rest of my group had finally reached the clearing, Caila and Jesse running to my side as Vincent, Mason and Emmet ran to Cara. "What can we do?"

"Save Jeremy, please! I can't have him die- not when we're like this. Please, save him!" Cara's pleads came with more tears, her weak frame collapsing against the tree she had perched up on. She was unconscious, she'd used up all her strength and I needed to help her.

"Caila, sanitise this wound and get him some pain med- I have to fix Cara's leg." Rushing over to Cara I turned her over gently, this enabled me to see what I was working with. The gash from the top of her kneecap down to mid calf, It was exposed and flapping out which was allowing dirt and branches to get in it.

Quickly removing my belt I tied it around just above where it started, holding my fingers to her throat to see if this improved her pulse. It did, only slightly, but not enough.