The group that unites

"We only found more food, even a habitat of mongoose just outside of here. At least we think they are mongoose." Joe spoke up, the first person to actually speak over the loud mumble of everyone's voices. Everyone had their own things that they had stumbled across, some useful and others interesting- like Ari who had discovered a collection of herbs that his mum used to use on him when they would go camping.

"We found one too." Caila added, nodding at the group that Joe sat with. "But we weren't sure what it was, I've never seen one in Australia."

"That would be because we don't have any in Australia." Vincent teased, chuckling at the girl besides him. Caila rolled her eyes in response but couldn't help herself from allowing a laugh to fill the air.

"We found a camp site." James broke threw the laughter and it caught everyone's attention creating a blanket of silence over everyone.

I could see eyes wide in disbelief, people shaking there heads like it couldn't be true, people who were holding back further questions out of pure confusion and shock.

It was only my group that didn't have the same reaction. And that didn't go unnoticed by everyone else.

"We waited in hiding for someone to return, but they never did. We searched threw some of the stuff there but it was all pretty useless. We didn't go into their tent though, so they could have had anything in there. Like even the missing teenagers bodies." Joe continued before his son spoke up.

"But Cara is right there. Where is the rest of them?" Everyone's heads wiped from Joe to my feet, eyes searching the petite blond for answers.

"You guys didn't look surprised when I told you- did you find the person?" Elena pried, Dailia gripping her hand with white knuckles.

All eyes were on me, they were all digging for what we clearly knew, what we hadn't told them yet. I brought in a deep breath and released in slowly before I started to explain. Where did I start? With my whole story? With everything I knew? Or just what they needed to know?

What they needed to know. They wouldn't trust me and allow me to help them if they knew what I had done. And I couldn't live with myself if I didn't help them.

"We found Cara after he had attacked their group. All of the teenagers were dead already, but we made it in just enough time to get Cara out of there alive." I paused, waiting for Cara to share her experience.

"I didn't see anything, just a man that came out from nowhere throwing around knives and shooting arrows. I was knocked down by Jeremy and didn't dare move to see what was happening. He was gone before I could get a glance- Sorry guys." She dropped her head, bringing back the memories clearly painful for her. I squeezed her shoulder as her weight fell back onto my shins.

"While we waited with Cara the boys went out and when they came back, well-" I gestured to Mason, who's bloodied and torn body was weakly sat up- his face finally showing signs of pain.

"Did he get to Jesse? Is that why Jesse isn't here?" Ari shouted out as he jumped up, his sister was quick to pull him back down- shushing him.

"I bet Jesse died protecting Mason, Mason might have lost his whole hand but Jesse jumped in and now he has the other four fingers still!" JJ joined in with Ari, the young boys admiration for Jesse evident. His eyes filled with Joy at the thought of a brave Jesse saving a boys life just to lose his own. How old was this kid?

"Is Jesse dead?"

"Who is that guy?

"Is he alone?