Limits and Lessons

Sunlight graced his face, warming his gaunt cheeks, brow, and the tip of his nose. It was a warm, almost heavenly feeling that made the skin at the corners of his mouth pull up in satisfaction. The beast let his body loosen further, ear flickering at the songs of frolicking birds. Rogue kept himself in his state of repose despite the sun's commanding presence. He was having another fine and pleasant dream once again - still rare experiences for the titan. This time he was running along a grassy field, lacking flowers and trees with his little ones bouncing and laughing upon his shoulders. With each bound, the grass beneath his toes and heels slowly went from the touch of the organic green to the feeling of almost a rocky powder. It wasn't dirt, the structure being that of a morphing surface that formed to round and fit his feet. What was this type of earth? It was hard yet it was soft. The easy earth was warm from the heaven's rays, accompanied by a sound that he couldn't quite place. Was it rolling water?

However, his incredible and intriguing vision was cut short when a small, but very blunt force assaulted the tip of his nose. Rogue grunted in annoyance, wondering what had dared to disturb his dream. Slowly, the titan forced his eyes to unveil, blackness peeling away to see the form of the short leader before his face.

"Get up brat. Time to wash up."

Instantly, Rogue snorted in defiance. Why? He was having such a good dream. The titan let his eyes roll and close once again, nestling his chin into his arm. Hopefully he could chase the same dream again. Of course, he had attempted the same technique to regain where he left off in a previous good vision in the past before with no success, but he could still try. Unfortunately, his plan was brought to a halt yet again when Levi violated his space once more - kicking his nose for the second time. Agitated, Rogue removed his chin from his flesh and hissed at the short human, warning him to back off, but to his unfortunate displeasure Levi remained emotionally unchanged and stagnant - face still reflecting the look of constipation as usual.

"Are you done with your pathetic attempts, Rogue? Quit fucking around. Remember you are to obey requests and orders. So get your big ass up and follow me to the river. We'll be waiting. Don't make me come after you." The man concluded as he simply rounded his bulk and exited the courtyard.

Rogue's eyes narrowed in distaste. He strongly disliked the man. First off, why had Levi even woken him up? They had just gotten back to their home and he was admittedly exhausted from the long journey. He would have loved to rest for a few more hours, lying in the nearby field to bask in the sun while enjoying some quality time with his little ones - general exchanges of catching up as they had called it. But no. Levi wanted him up and moving already! Why? And what did the human term 'washing up' mean? Why was he subject to it? Whatever it was, Rogue knew if he had to compare, he would rather be nestled with his precious babies and sleeping peacefully.

The titan then let his eyes wander down to the crook of his elbow where he had placed Armin and Mikasa the night before - only to see that they were missing. Instantly, alarm ran through Rogue's mind. The creature then elevated himself slightly to check between and under his arms, whining in worry. "AARRRNNIN! NNIKKASA!" Rogue called desperately. Surely he hadn't flattened them! The titan sat upright and looked beneath him, running his hands across the stone and fingering through nearby bushes. He couldn't have rolled over them with the lack of blood and bone. His babies had vanished! Why would they run off! "NNIKKASA! ARRNIN!"

"Relax Rogue," A friendly voice informed. "Armin and Mikasa are waiting for you."

Hearing the facts upon his ears, Rogue looked down to see the sweet redhead, the female called Petra, before him with a tender smile on her face. The titan calmed instantly, tilting his head to establish his silent query with ears forward in curiosity. Petra beamed and gently placed a hand to his knee, patting it in a tender gesture.