Part 2: Chapter 22: Unraveling the Thread

Author's note: Hello Everyone! I'm back! Firstly, I'm sorry for the wait. I decided to hold off on writing this chapter and uploading it for two reasons. I know quite a few of you only stick to the anime so I held off to not spoil season 2 for you. I also wanted to get a better idea on how things looked setting wise. Plus of course the usual occurrences in life like work and such.

This chapter lays the groundwork for what's to come! It's made to make you formulate questions XD You are going to learn quite a bit. You also get to meet two special titans in this one (you guys may know who) PLEASE NOTE: I have changed these titans names so to not confuse you with how things are in cannon. Remember, there are no such things as titan shifters in this AU and I did this not to confuse anyone. ALSO NOTE: THIS CHAPTER HAS SOME GORE - like some of the previous chapters. But what's snk without gore?

Also, you are going to get some POV's from Mike and Sasha. ALSO NOTE, before you read this chapter, it might be wise to familiarize yourself with the Attack on Titan spinoff manga "Before the Fall" I reference it quite a bit in this chapter so it would help to know the characters at least. I've dropped many hints about Rogue's past in this one!

IF YOU SPOT ANY ERRORS, PLEASE PM THEM TO ME SO I CAN MAKE CORRECTIONS!

ENJOY! THIS CHAPTER IS OVER 40K WORDS.

Chapter 22

Unraveling the Thread

There was a rapid thumping against his chest, his heart was practically pounding against his ribs like an animal trapped in a cage. His muscles were tense, every strand seemingly quivering. His spine was experiencing a constant chill. The beast's fists were curling and unfurling in his lap as he sat and waited – nerves horrid. His worried greens observed as soldiers, his family, rushed about the grounds gathering supplies – the sounds of concerned phrases, shaky words of fear, and the grunts and whinnies of horses being hauled from their stalls. He watched as blades were dropped haphazardly while men with trembling hands placed them onto wagons. The sun was shining, the temperature warm, and the recipe for a good looking day if not for the foul ingredient that had been thrown in.

Rogue was in a state of disbelief.

It seemed like only yesterday that he had defeated and devoured The Female Titan – a creature with an agenda. Now, there was another threat. More titans. In particular, The Armored One that he had seen breach Trost. Was it true? By the way his senses were overreacting it had to be. But was it really THE Armored Titan? Could the Garrison have made a mistake? Rogue shook his head. Who was he kidding? Of course it was true. It was always said that the words of the Garrison messengers were exact.

And so he sat in the front of the castle, waiting as they prepared to go into battle again. Rogue reached up, hand pulling at his leather collar. He felt almost numb and the world seemed to be in a dense fog. He didn't know what was going on nor what was planned. The Commander was bound to be out soon to issue his orders. More than anything though, he feared for his little ones and what their assignment could be. Armin and Mikasa – they had nearly been killed by The Female. The Armored One, he would surely be a much more unforgiving foe.

He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something were to happen to his babies.

"I know you don't like it much my little titan but this time, you need to wear your collar."

Hearing the familiar voice, Rogue snapped out of his current state of mind and peered down to see Hange along with his little ones, the scientist looking more serious than anything and the two teens wearing a metaphorical mask to hide their nerves.