Part 2: Chapter 21: Amiss

Author's note:

I deeply apologize for the long time between updates. I was rather busy with a few work related things and other life instances. Not only that but it took me some time to plan parts of this fic. I was also waiting to see how the current arch of the manga was going to end since I plan to conclude part 2 there.<br />

One thing I need to establish here right now is that there are no such things as titan shifters in this fic. Just a few 'species' of intelligent titans.

But now here is the very first chapter of Rogue Part 2!

Synopsis: Two months after The Female's Titan's assault on Stohess, Rogue's life is steadily changing. He's become a celebrity among the public and thus well perceived. However, there is trouble in the shadows that the Scouts cannot ignore. The titan also begins to learn more about himself and his abilities.

STAY TUNED AFTER THIS CHAPTER FOR IMPORTANT INFO CONCERNING FUTURE CHAPTERS.

Note: This chapter is long. Almost 60k words.

Chapter 21

Amiss

Particles of dust floated around in the air, appearing like flickering fireflies with the light coming through the windows of the large room. A long and extravagant looking table stood dignified in the center with a velvety table runner laying neatly across it. Shelves on the wall were lined with records while other areas were less than orderly. In the corner, a trash pail contained wrinkled pieces of paper that were poorly covering up several empty bottles of whiskey and beer - a sight that was a visual peek into what the Military Police indulged upon behind closed doors and away from the public eye. Overall, the room needed attention and it was likely that it wasn't used quite often. In all honesty, he would rather rise from his seat and clean as opposed to spending his time to wait seated in a chair. Icy blues trailed to a rather expensive looking grandfather clock in the corner, seeing that it was already a half hour past noon. The meeting or rather appointment was supposed to be at midday, giving the Corporal the indication that they were late.

In irritation and combined with his current lack of patience, Levi's eyes drifted to the window to observe the present cityscape of Stohess. In the past two months since The Female Titan breached the wall in a desperate attempt to tangle with Rogue, the district had been steadily rebuilding both physically and in a mental sense. The ruins of burned and obliterated structures destroyed by the titans' quarrel were gradually being rebuilt. The citizens themselves from aristocrats to young children were starting to get over what occurred that tragic and overwhelming day. Not only did they have to endure the horrible sight of two clashing titans, but also the losses of family members and friends - the people learning to accept and cope with both.

For the months passed, the Scouts had been adjusting as well. With the appearance of The Female Titan, the Legion had grown aware that something was looming just in the shadows. They had all heard her words and felt that their worries were for reason. They were on their toes, knowing that there were other threats coming, lurking, and waiting. Hange herself had been hard at work trying to decode the DNA of The Female through the revolting bile of the titan pellets passed by Rogue - a process that he himself didn't care to see until there were results. Then there was the titan himself. After he had awoken for the first time since battle, Rogue was given a short amount of time to get his bearings back in order. Besides Hange trying to extract DNA, she was actually beginning to study and experiment on Rogue in light of his new and incredibly frightening ability. Levi actually felt himself shutter in the slightest at the mere thought of such. At the time that Rogue had gone berserk, he felt as if he was seeing the devil himself ignited in hellfire with unbridled rage. A true monster at work and his slaughter was horrifying. Since then, Hange had been trying to study Rogue's blood to find out more about the titan's body and how such an ability could be triggered - and used efficiently. To the day, they knew little to nothing.