Bonus #3 Truth

Author's Note:Hello all! Here is Bonus number 3! It's another chapter of Rogue's time with Carla and Grisha. It's a shorter one compared to my previous chapters but I think it's a good length for a bonus. BEFORE YOU READ, I just want to say that on Ao3 where this fic is as well, at the end of this chapter there is an illustration that is a HUGE sneak peek you could say of part 2! If you decide to read this chapter here, the illustrations are on my tumblr (miranda-leek) JUST THOUGHT I'D LET YOU GUYS KNOW!

BY THE WAY... In each of the bonus chapters, I've actually dropped VERY small hints about a few things that will come to light in part 2.

ALSO, THERE WILL BE ONE MORE BONUS BEFORE PART 2! (MORE ABOUT MY PLANS FOR IT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER)

Year 836

Sunlight danced down from the canopy, looking like translucent and glowing curtains that puddled on the forest floor in scattered spots. Morning had dawned on the horizon, highlighting the landscape and bathing the cove in a peaceful daylight aura. Life crawled out of burrows and shadows to frolic beneath the towering trees. All was the definition of serene.

His hooked nose twitched at the scents of fresh pine needles, oak, and other green leaves that cushioned his nesting area and cradled his large warm body in a comforting and secure embrace. Subconsciously in his sleep, the titan curled in on himself further - leathery skin soaking up the fresh rays. Rogue grunted, producing sounds similar to a drowsy newborn as his dark eyelids slowly peeled hallway open, brilliant emerald shades glowing softly. The creature blinked sleepily, but let a feeble smile come to his face nonetheless. Rogue curled tighter, crooning a bit as he pressed his cheek into the plush toy - a toy that she had lovingly called a 'teddy bear' that the amber-eyed lady had given him as a gift. As small and insignificant as the thing was, it did make the titan feel less lonely when his Carla and Grisha weren't around. At the thought of his two loving companions, Rogue quickly uncoiled himself and sat up in his nest. Today was a day that his guardians were to come meet him to eat their meal that the couple had dubbed 'lunch.' The thought made him purr in pleasure. He lavished in their visits. Rogue deeply loved their attention and affection that they had to offer. They amazed him so. They spent their time teaching him about the thing called the 'world' and his Carla would play and read the wonderful things called 'books' to him. Over the past year since he had come across the amber-eyed woman and soft-spoken man, he and his small companions had grown incredibly close. He knew almost everything about them. His Grisha was a thing called a 'doctor' - someone that helped the sick. His Carla was his Grisha's mate and he himself was their 'son' - together they were what was called a 'family.' Of course, there were a few things that his Carla and Grisha did that he didn't understand. Mostly, he didn't know why he was to always stay in his forest. The titan would love to go with them to their home. Also, he didn't know why he wasn't allowed to approach others of their kind. It didn't make much sense, but he didn't question it. As long as he received their love, he was happy.

Looking around his nest and the cove, Rogue viewed all of his belongings like toys and books strung out and about - the result of a bit of early evening boredom that provoked him to engage with all of his parents' gifts, the cove looking like a herd of young children had come though the area instead of the result of a fifteen-meter titan's fun. Rogue nodded to himself. His Carla would want the place to be in a cleaner state - the woman having taught him the art of 'tidying up' as a part of the thing called 'manners.' It would be common courtesy plus he didn't want to step on any of his treasures. Although he was rather unkempt at points, he himself did like things to be in order.