Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN YAAAAY! I'm so excited about all the reads lately and the few comments that are coming in! Thank y'all so much! This means the entire WORLD to me! Keep leaving comments and recommending to your friends on Wattpad! Feedback is always desired and welcomed, both positive and negative! Enjoy! xoxo

Chapter Thirteen (Lucy’s Perspective) [feat. Xavier Samuel as Baylor, AnnaSophia Robb as Shea]

Just as I set the last of four plates down on the small dining table, our flat’s doorbell rings.

“They’re here!” Tobey sings, sprinting from the kitchen, around the counter that separates it from the living room, and to the door. As soon as she opens the door, my ears are met with a squeal and a male’s loud greeting. I hurriedly set the silverware by the plates and pull my hair in front of my shoulders and straighten Harry’s beanie on my head.

“Tobey!” Shea squeals excitedly, and I see her thin arms wrap around Tobey’s neck excitedly. I stop in my tracks a few meters behind them. I’m actually surprised by Baylor’s appearance.

He’s really good-looking. His bronze hair is pushed back from his forehead messily, but it still looks good. His brown yes are focused on Tobey and Shea, but soon flash upwards and meet mine. His eyes widen momentarily and his eyebrows rise slightly, as if he, too, is surprised. He opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by Shea.

“Oh. My. God,” She says, dropping her arms from Tobey and gawking at me, mouth hanging open.

“What?” Tobey asks, turning to look from me to Shea.

“You’re… You’re Lucy Green, aren’t you?” Shae asks uncertainly. Oh no…

“Yeah,” I confirm quietly.

“You know her?” Tobey asks, clearly confused.

“I know of her. Hell, millions of people do,” Shea exclaims, remaining rooted to her spot in the threshold of the doorway.

“What are you talking about?” Tobey asks, laughing nervously.

“She’s Lucy Green. She’s with One Direction.”

“Wait, the boy band?” Tobey asks, running a hand through her hair.

“That’s the one,” I admit, smiling half-heartedly.

You’re famous?” Tobey asks, mouth dropping open. I nod, offering her a small smile.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” She bursts, turning completely to face me, eyebrows nearly in her hairline.

“I didn’t want anyone to freak out!” I explain, rubbing my arm self-consciously.

“I knew something was up when you whipped out that credit card today!” Tobey exclaims, tossing her hands in the air.