7* Think About It

Hermione's mouth dropped open a little, and it took her a moment to collect her thoughts.

"Nevermind." Draco said waving it away with his hand. "What were you saying before? If only what?"

She closed her mouth, deciding if she wanted him to change the subject like that. "Well I was going to say that I wish there was something magic could do about unmanageably curly hair. But I've researched everything there is on it." She shook her head.

Draco took a sip of his coffee. "Well I can say that there is definitely some magic that could deal with it."

Hermione's eyes lit up. "Oh, is there really? Tell me what it is! Where can I research it?"

He grinned mischievously. "I'll never say."

Her face fell. "Then why mention it at all? Just tell me about it."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because then you would try to change how that shaggy mane looks and I've grown rather fond of it so I'd prefer it if you left it alone."

She was stunned into silence. "You... You like how it looks?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I do now. It used to annoy the bloody hell out of me when I was younger. But now I appreciate how unique it is." He smiled gently. "It suits you, Hermione. Don't change it because you don't look like someone else."

Her right hand reached up and twirled a bit of her hair. The wind had really fluffed it up and it now stuck up all over. She could feel the added thickness in the lock she held. But he liked it? She glared.

"What are you really up to?" She asked. "Isn't this abhorrent to you? Sitting with a mudblood in public."

Draco sat forward, and folded his hands. He kept his eyes downcast. "I know I've done some awful things to you. And I know that in order to keep up appearances, I'll have to do more. But I want you to know that I am being sincere when I say--" He looked up. "I do like you. And I want you to go out with me."

She put a hand over her mouth. She couldn't believe what she'd just heard. Draco couldn't believe what he'd just said. How could he ask her that? Wasn't it enough to be able to talk to her occasionally? He was already pushing limits by talking to her. Hiding their relationship would be even more difficult. But he held his gaze, even when she looked away. He didn't move, he only waited for her.

"Can I... " She bit her lip. "Can I think about it first?" She asked.

Draco sat back and relaxed again. "What is there to think about?" He asked. "There's you and there's me and the only question left is do you like me at all? Am I good enough for you?" It came out haughty even while he answered the question in his head. No.

"There's tons to think about!" She argued. "It would change a lot of things."

"Take your time then." He said. "But know that, whatever your answer, you still promised to tutor me."

She nodded and took another drink of her hot chocolate.