two

the next day of work is mediocre. my only desire is to have michael walk through the automatic doors with that adorable smug grin on his face and perfect eyes that light up the entire room.

god finally answers my prayers about three hours after my shift began.

i watch as the red haired hottie walk stiffly to the back of the line with his hands in his back pockets. he's wearing the most bad ass leather jacket that covers his pale arms and black ripped skinny jeans which hug his nice legs.

"welcome to mcdonald's, how can i help you?" i ask anxiously to the balding old man in front of me. i can't wait until he finishes his order so i can get to michael.

"hmm," the old man hums, tapping his chin.

i bite my lip and rock uneasily as i watch the line move. michael is only three people away from being served and if this old man doesn't hurry, i won't be able to get michael.

"let's see. the hot cakes look good.. but so does the breakfast burrito.." the old man continues thinking to himself.

my leg bounces as the line moves again and michael's the second next person to be served. the other cashiers are working fast; calum and sophia are flying through their customers.

"but am i really in the mood for breakfast?" the old man questions himself.

the line shuffles again and michael's now in the front of the line. i look to my left and i see sophia giver her customer's change; she'll be finished any second now. i refuse to let her serve michael.

"hurry up! either buy something or get out!" i yell at the man, tapping my fingers against the counter annoyedly.

"wow, the disrespect! i demand to speak to your manager!" the old man scowls, slamming his fist down onto the counter.

"okay, go to the side and i'll send him over." i rush him off as i watch sophia motion for the next person in line.

"the way this generation treats their elderly, wow." the old man continues to mutter.

"okay, cool. bye." i wave him off.

i see michael wait patiently behind the angry man. he laughs, showing off his white teeth.

"that mcdonald drama," he jokes, resting his elbows on the smooth surface

"honestly, who the fuck comes to mcdonald and stands at the cashier for ten minutes, trying to decide what to eat?" i fume, rolling my baby blue eyes.

"maybe i'll just stand here for fifteen minutes to piss you off even more." michael teases, his green eyes watching me carefully.

"that would never work, i love spending time with you." i reply honestly.

michael laughs again. "well, if that's the case, we should hang out later."

"that sounds great," i try not to sound too giddy.

"when does your shift end?" michael asks, leaning over the counter slightly.

"twelve," i answer.

michael's flawless face scrunches up into a frown. "oh fuck, i have to interview a few people at twelve."

"interview?" i repeat dumbly.

"yeah, like job interviews. i'm the owner of a video game company and i'm hiring. the amount of people calling in for an interview is insane; i hardly found time to come here." michael confesses, ruffling his red hair.

"that's really cool," i beam. "i'm only working here part time for the summer. i'm going back to university when the next semester begins."

"what are you studying?" michael asks curiously.

"video game development," i flash a quick smile at him.

i hear a cough beside me and i notice sophia glaring at the two of us. she throws her dirty blonde hair over her shoulder as her pretty hazel eyes narrow. "you've been on the same customer for over ten minutes now. hurry up luke, the line is starting to get long."

"i forgot you were working," michael shrugs her off easily. "can you get me a regular medium ice coffee with extra ice?"

"same order as yesterday?" i ask, tapping his order into the machine.

"yeah," he nods.

he hands me a bill which i exchange with change. i rip off the receipt and give it to him.

"i'll text you later," michael nods as he walks down to the pick up counter.

"can't wait!"