1

Luke laid in Michael's arms, slowly breathing in the scent of Michael's after shave. He wanted to sit like this forever, but he knew that couldn't happen.

He embraced the silence for a little longer, feeling Michael's hands run through his hair.

"I love you," he heard in the dark room, so he smiled, snuggling closer.

"I love you too," Luke said softly, kissing Michael's shoulder.

Luke finally started to drift off to sleep, but was soon shaken awake by Michael standing up.

"Michael, please not tonight." Luke whispered, holding onto Michael's hand gently. He wants Michael to hold him until he falls asleep.

"Luke, I'm sorry, but-"

"It's okay. I understand." He whispered, before laying back down on the couch by himself.

He sighed as he watched Michael walk out of the sliding glass doors, taking a cigarette with him.

Luke wants to be out there, breathing the smoke in and out with Michael, but the only way he can do that is with an oxygen mask on.

Luke can't breath in a lot of smoke or it swells up his throat to where it feels like he can't breathe.

Michael eventually came back in, but he no longer smelled like Michael. He smelled like smoke.

He couldn't hold Luke anymore.