9

When Luke finally woke up, he was still in Michael's arms. He felt a hand running through his hair.

"Did I wake up early?" Luke asked softly.

"No. I took off today. I wanna spend time with you." Michael said, causing a smile to spread across Luke's face.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I didn't realize how neglected I was making you feel. I was being selfish, but I promise I'm gonna get better for you." Michael whispered, hugging Luke tighter.

Michael kissed all over Luke's face, causing the blonde boy to giggle.

When they both calmed down, Luke laid beside Michael. He pulled the blankets back up and scooted closer until his nose was touching Michaels.

"I love you so much." Luke whispered, putting his hand on Michaels neck. He leaned up and caught Michaels lips with his, kissing him so slowly.

"Baby, I love you." Michael whispered, quickly pressing his lips back to Luke's.

He hasn't seen Luke so happy in so long, and he doesn't want to let Luke know how bad his head hurts just because he hasn't smoked today. He can't do that to him.

"What are we gonna do today?" Luke asked quickly. He had to use all of his time wisely before Michael needed to go smoke.

"I want to have breakfast with you, and dance with you in the living room. Then we could watch a Tim Burton movie. I really wanna play Mario and then we can take a nap together maybe, and go out to dinner and come back and get in the hot tub, and we can get wasted, and-"

"Let's just start with breakfast, babe." Michael laughed, helping Luke stand up out of bed.

Once they got in the kitchen, Luke had his usual smoothie and Cheerios, and Michael had the same. They talked about all the things they were gonna do today and how they weren't gonna waste a second.

Michael had to take ibuprofen for his headache because he wouldn't dare wipe the smile from Luke's face today.

"Let's go take a shower, sweetheart." Michael said once they were finished, so he gave Luke a piggy back ride all the way to their bathroom.

Luke held Michael's free hand as he started the water.

They both undressed, stepping into the shower together. It was a little cold for Michael's liking, but it's just the way Luke likes it.

"I love you." Luke whispered, and kissed Michael's lips.

Michael pressed Luke's back against the shower wall, letting the soap slowly fall from their hair as they made out, not being able to pull away from the other.

They had to pull away and laugh once they got the awful taste of shampoo in their mouths.

"Let's get out of here. I wanna kiss you without eating soap." Michael laughed, pulling the shower head down to quickly rinse the shampoo and body wash off of Luke and himself.

He wrapped Luke's body in a towel, and towel dried his hair for him, making the blonde boy laugh.

Michael opened the shower curtain to put the extra towel in there, and a big ball of water vapor hit him, only making him crave his cigarettes more.

"What are we gonna do now?" Luke asked as he pulled up a pair of basketball shorts on himself.

"Luke-"

"Will you dance with me?" Luke asked shyly, and Michael looked over at him, pulling up a pair of pajama pants.

"What?" Michael asked, and Luke shrugged.

"Like this.." He said, taking Michael's hand, and spinning under it. "..and like this.." He said, guiding Michael's hand so it was on his waist. "..I know it's dumb, but i can't remember the last time I was this close with you." Luke whispered, his lips only inches apart from Michael's.

"Luke- I-..." Michael sighed. He was feeling dizzy, and his head was killing him. "...I need to go." Michael whispered, making Luke's face fall, but he quickly recovered it.

"Okay.. I'll go do the dishes or something. Go ahead. I understand." He said softly, and Michael stepped back.

Before he got out of the door, he looked back and saw Luke sitting on the edge of the bed. He leaned on the door frame and just looked at Luke for a second. He looked so small and just so sad.

When Luke looked back, his blue eyes were full of tears and his lip trembled.

When Luke looked away, Michael threw the cigarettes down on the dresser, and walked over to Luke, catching his tears before they could fall down his face.

"Michael, you don't have to do this. You can go. I'm okay." Luke said, and Michael shook his head, kissing Luke's forehead.

Michael would rather be in pain than hurt Luke any more.

"I'm not going." He whispered before plugging in his phone to the dock, playing music.

"You wanna dance?" He asked, making a huge smile spread across Luke's face.