11

"Hey sweetheart." Michael said softly, running a hand through Luke's hair once he got over to the hospital bed.

"Hi Mikey." He smiled, and turned on his side once Michael sat in a chair beside his bed.

Luke was doing okay. He was getting to leave tomorrow morning, but for now they just have little breathing tubes in his nose, helping him get oxygen.

"I'm sorry for this." Michael whispered, continuing to run his hand through Luke's hair. He knows it really calms him down.

"It's not just your fault. I shouldn't have ran out there." Luke said, and Michael frowned because he just knows Luke wanted to see him.

"I picked something up." Michael said, opening up his backpack.

"This is for me..." He said, and showed Luke the nicotine gum he bought to help his addiction.

"And this is for you.." He said, handing Luke a stuffed penguin.

Luke smiled like a little kid, and held it to his chest.

"One more thing I need to say before I let you go to sleep... I don't care how awful it makes me feel, or how stressed I might get, but I'm quitting for you. This has been the scariest day of my entire life, and I would so much rather have you than cigarettes. I can't have both." He said, and Luke leaned up, kissing Michael's lips softly.

"I love you so much." The blonde boy whispered

"I love you more."